Final episodes of "The Closer" will lead into a spin-off series "Major Crimes," set in the LAPD and built around Mary McDonnell's character Captain Raydor.
Last Episode05x13 White Lies (3) Aired: Sep. 19, 2016
Major Crimes hurtles forward towards the mysterious and elusive mastermind in the Dwight Darnell murders while Buzz and Rusty's investigation …
- Captain Sharon Raydor
- Detective Amy Sykes
- Detective Lt. Louie Provenza
- Detective Lt. Michael Tao
- Rusty Beck
Series Fun Facts
- This spin-off was created, after Kyra Sedgwick decided she wanted to leave The Closer, in order to spend more time with her family.
- With an audience of nearly 7 million viewers on average, first-season ratings were the highest ever recorded for a new show on cable.
- Because of the show's popularity and continuing positive ratings, season 4 was extended to 23 episodes - 4 more than any previous season. (Season 1 had just 10 episodes, and seasons 2 and 3…
[show]Because of the show's popularity and continuing positive ratings, season 4 was extended to 23 episodes - 4 more than any previous season. (Season 1 had just 10 episodes, and seasons 2 and 3 had 19 episodes each.) Besides, creator James Duff revealed on an interview that the extra episodes were given because TNT didn't have much programming for mid-February, so they asked Duff to create a five-episode arc.