1x24 Night of the Day of the Dead
First Aired: Oct. 05, 2001 on Disney Channel
Summary: The middle school is putting on a big Fright Night celebration for Halloween. Lizzie wants to appear as Vampira, the dungeon mistress, but Kate is in charge and she keeps the job for herself, making Lizzie clean out the janitor's closet and then giving her the role of a clown handing out…
Matt McGuire: This is a lame balloon animal.
Lizzie: Oh, sorry, let me fix it... [cracks the balloon] There, now it's extinct.
Mrs. Sanchez: [dryly] I see, we give them *candy* at our house.
- Goof (continuity error): Matt and Lanny are sitting at the table, marking on their map where to visit for Halloween. Lizzie then comes in and starts an insult throwback. Between shots the marker pens lying on the map swap their placements.
- Goof (continuity error): After Matt tells Lizzie, Miranda and Gordo that he ate the Day of the Dead food offering, he puts it down on the side as they continue talking. The food is sitting on top of an orange napkin, but in the next shot the napkin is empty and the food is gone. The food then reappears in the napkin again.
- Goof (continuity error): At the Halloween party, after Lizzie notices the bride and groom dolls disappear from the table, the items around the space where they disappeared completely change between shots.
- Goof (continuity error): When Lizzie bursts into the cafeteria in a trance like state, moaning like a zombie, she is wearing a large purple ring on her right hand. However it swaps to her left hand a few shots later and remains on her left hand for the rest of the episode.
- Goof (continuity error): When Mr. and Mrs. Sanchez are dropping off the Day of the Dead ornaments to the Fright Night party, Mr. Sanchez hands Kate a fake rubber hand and she takes it with her right hand. In the next shot she is holding it in her left.
- This is the first time Miranda's parents (Dyana Orteli & Armando Molina) have been seen, except for some still photos of her father in the "Gordo and the Girl" episode.
- According to the commentary on the "Lizzie McGuire Vol. 1 DVD Box Set," this is Ashlie Brillault's favorite episode.