1x24 Night of the Day of the Dead
First Aired: Oct. 05, 2001 on Disney Channel
Summary: The middle school is putting on a big Fright Night celebration for Halloween. Lizzie wants to appear as Vampira, the dungeon mistress, but Kate is in charge and she keeps the job for herself, making Lizzie clean out the janitor's closet and then giving her the role of a clown handing out…
Main Characters in this Episode
Matt McGuire: This is a lame balloon animal.
Lizzie: Oh, sorry, let me fix it... [cracks the balloon] There, now it's extinct.
Lizzie: Because my cousin Heather's coming into town again this summer and I'm gonna get her to go out with you.
Gordo: Quit your yappin'. We've got work to do.
- Goof (continuity error): Matt and Lanny are sitting at the table, marking on their map where to visit for Halloween. Lizzie then comes in and starts an insult throwback. Between shots the marker pens lying on the map swap their placements.
- Goof (continuity error): When Lizzie bursts into the cafeteria in a trance like state, moaning like a zombie, she is wearing a large purple ring on her right hand. However it swaps to her left hand a few shots later and remains on her left hand for the rest of the episode.
- Goof (continuity error): After Matt tells Lizzie, Miranda and Gordo that he ate the Day of the Dead food offering, he puts it down on the side as they continue talking. The food is sitting on top of an orange napkin, but in the next shot the napkin is empty and the food is gone. The food then reappears in the napkin again.
- Goof (continuity error): When Mr. and Mrs. Sanchez are dropping off the Day of the Dead ornaments to the Fright Night party, Mr. Sanchez hands Kate a fake rubber hand and she takes it with her right hand. In the next shot she is holding it in her left.
- Goof (continuity error): Lizzie pulls the rubber eyeball out of the glass of mud she is holding, to prove that the mud is actually the remains of Matt, who was turned into mud for upsetting the spirits. As she pulls the eyeball out, between shots the way she is holding it changes.