2x03 Closure (2)
First Aired: Nov. 03, 2000 on NBC
Summary: When Detectives Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Stabler (Christopher Meloni) learn of a rape with a familiar M.O., they are convinced that Kenneth Cleary (guest star Neil Maffin), the unconvicted rape suspect from the Harper Anderson case, is back in action. As they investigate, the…
Watch Episode On:- Hulu Plus (subscription)
George: I didn't get a look at her face, I was too busy trying to get Ginger into the car.
Detective Elliot Stabler: Do you remember what she was wearing?
George: Oh yeah, a black sweater, and black slacks, and thong panties.
Detective Olivia Benson: You didn't get a look at her face, but you know she was wearing thong panties?
George: I saw the pantie-line. She had a nice ass - which was more interesting to me then her face.
George: [Benson and Stabler both throw him a "give me a break" look] I'm an *ass* man! I don't apologize for it.
Rothberg: [smiling] I'm Jewish, Miss Anderson! There *is* no hell.
- Goof (factual errors): When Harper Anderson and Detective Benson are at the firing range, Anderson comments on the 14-round magazine she uses in her .50AE Desert Eagle, then hands it over to Benson as it is "illegal," saying her 8-round magazine is enough. In fact, only 7-round magazines are manufactured for the .50AE Desert Eagle. If she did have a 14-round magazine, it would protrude several inches from the bottom of the pistol, as the handgun is not designed to accept a double-wide magazine. Also, Anderson claims that the gun weighs about 40 ounces fully loaded; in reality, the .50AE weighs nearly 72 ounces with an empty magazine.
- Goof (continuity error): When looking for rapes in Philly that may have been committed by Cleary, they find one on September 15th. When the date of the same rape is mentioned to a witness is on the stand by ADA Cabot, the date is said to be September 5th.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): In the scene where rape victim, Harper Anderson, has words with her rapist's attorney, she calls him "Mr. Klein". This is the only time that the lawyer's name is mentioned. The actor, Ned Eisenberg, who plays this attorney, is billed as "Rothberg". This same actor, however, appeared in the pilot as a "Jerry Kleinert", and in 13 episodes after "Closure: Part 2" as "Roger Kressler", an attorney.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Mrs. Cleary is on the phone with her husband in the interview room, her reflection from the mirror behind Alex shows that she is facing Alex. When the camera is on Mrs. Cleary, her back is to Alex.
- Goof (continuity error): When talking to Harper Anderson at a gun range, Benson comments that Harper is not the same person she knew six months ago. At the time of this meeting it had been well over a year since Harper's rape, when she and Benson first met.