Neville Brand played a former Union Army officer who came to the Rangers with something of a checkered past, which amused his younger partners. Riley, a gentle soul by nature, had been raised by Indians and so was the best tracker. Cooper was from New Orleans and had the reputation of a fast gun, although not as a gunfighter.
Laredo Season 1 (1965-1966)
|1x01 Lazyfoot, Where are You? |
- Parmalee sends Reese, Chad and Joe undercover, disguised as prospectors, to find Lazyfoot and his gang. In Aggie's Saloon they meet Grubby Sully who says he needs partners ...
|Sep. 16, 1965|
|1x02 I See by Your Outfit |
- Parmalee sends Reese, Chad and Joe to Porfirio to investigate Mexican bandits but find elderly Alvar de Aveles flying a Mexican flag over the jail on Alamo Day. Reese breaks ...
|Sep. 23, 1965|
|1x03 Yahoo |
- A New Hampshire deputy constable named Clendon Macmillan comes to Laredo with 9 years of experience, intending to improve the quality of the average Ranger. He would like to ...
|Sep. 30, 1965|
|1x04 Rendezvous at Arillo |
- Reese, Chad and Joe chase Durkee, a wanted man, into Captain Parmalee's office only to find out he is seeking amnesty in return for information about the Jamison Gang. The ...
|Oct. 07, 1965|
|1x05 Three's Company |
- Emily, an old girlfriend of Chad's, appears in Laredo with her father, a railroad tycoon. He offers Chad a $400 a month job, whether the romance between he and Emily works out ...
|Oct. 14, 1965|
|1x06 Anybody Here Seen Billy? |
- Chad sneaks into the barracks at night wearing only his underwear. Reese and Joe catch him and he explains he lost Billy Harker, the prisoner he was escorting. He gets a change ...
|Oct. 21, 1965|
|1x07 A Question of Discipline |
- Reese, Chad and Joe get into a saloon fight defending the honor of the Rangers. Parmalee disciplines them by assigning them to escort Jerky Collins' wagon of smelly buffalo ...
|Oct. 28, 1965|
|1x08 The Golden Trail |
- Captain Parmalee sends Reese on a mission to pickup a special shipment and bring it back to Laredo. Reese brags about the mission before he leaves leading several people to believe ...
|Nov. 04, 1965|
|1x09 A Matter of Policy |
- The stage carrying State Senator Sparks and Captain Parmalee is held up by the Davis Gang, who takes the stagecoach horses forcing the Senator and Parmalee to walk to Laredo. Meanwhile, ...
|Nov. 11, 1965|
|1x10 Which Way Did They Go? |
- Reese, Chad and Joe capture the Slaughter Gang and take them to the nearest jail in San Sabo. They take the stolen money to the bank and meet Miss Emma there, who is a cultural ...
|Nov. 18, 1965|
|1x11 Jinx |
- Reese's friend Cletus Grogan comes to town and Reese gets him to join the Rangers to convince him he isn't a jinx. Cletus is sent along with Reese, Chad and Joe to track down ...
|Dec. 02, 1965|
|1x12 The Land Grabbers |
- Parmalee has only 3 rangers, Reese, Chad and Joe to keep order at a land rush. He reminds them that any rangers found showing any favoritism will face prison. While patrolling ...
|Dec. 09, 1965|
|1x13 Pride of the Rangers |
- Chad and Joe set Ranger Jess Moran up for a 4th of July boxing match with Calvary champion Percy Flower, the bet being a month's pay. The Pryor Gang is in the territory and ...
|Dec. 16, 1965|
|1x14 The Heroes of San Gill |
- Chad and Joe are planning to spend the weekend at the festival in San Gill but Captain Parmalee is leaving to make a speech and puts them in charge of the office. Reese returns ...
|Dec. 23, 1965|
|1x15 A Medal for Reese |
- Reese is tricked into volunteering for stable duty by Chad and Joe, who are then sent out to escort a payroll wagon. They are distracted from the wagon by a runaway team and ...
|Dec. 30, 1965|
|1x16 The Calico Kid |
- Chad and Joe are sent to Guarded Wells to dispose of the Ramirez Gang. They do and a grateful town rewards them with food, drink and hotel rooms for free. Chad devises a way ...
|Jan. 06, 1966|
|1x17 Above the Law |
- Hired gun Jab Harlan orchestrates an escape for outlaw Brad Scanlon so he can trail him and clear an innocent man of Scanlon's crime. In the process he tangles with Reese, ...
|Jan. 13, 1966|
|1x18 That's Noway, Thataway |
- Two actors, Dudley and Newton, are being threatened with jail in Three Forks for their outstanding bills as their manager ran off with their receipts. Chad and Joe walk in ...
|Jan. 20, 1966|
|1x19 Limit of the Law Larkin |
- New ranger Cotton Buckmeister is assigned by Judge Larkin to return a strongbox of official documents to Uvalde. Chad and Joe are to accompany him. Judge Ike Macallum ruthlessly ...
|Jan. 27, 1966|
|1x20 Meanwhile, Back at the Reservation |
- When Reese, Chad and Joe capture the Morgan gang it includes 14-year-old Grey Smoke. Joe helps him out and gets him hired as a runner for the Rangers. Reese is assigned to ...
|Feb. 10, 1966|
|1x21 The Treasure of San Diablo |
- Reese and Cotton run off two outlaws intent on forcing the inhabitants of San Diablo to divulge where the fabled treasure is hidden. Dandy Davis is wanted and Cotton heads ...
|Feb. 17, 1966|
|1x22 No Bugles, One Drum |
- Reese comes up with the perfect plan to catch Linda Littletrees, use Joe, who she is in love with, as bait. Parmalee says they might use the plan but then orders Reese, Chad ...
|Feb. 24, 1966|
|1x23 Miracle at Massacre Mission |
- Reese is sent out to escort the Bordeaux sisters and gets his face slapped before finding out the sisters he's looking for are nuns. He escorts them to a settlement and makes ...
|Mar. 03, 1966|
|1x24 It's the End of the Road, Stanley |
- Reese pretends to be a cattle buyer at Martha Tuforth's way station where outlaws Jack Hanks, Paco and Crazy John Holden are awaiting the arrival of Benny Murphy, who has their ...
|Mar. 10, 1966|
|1x25 A Very Small Assignment |
- Reese has a toothache and is sent to retrieve the overdue school teacher from the train station at Gutter's Gulch. While there Reese brags that he is there to pick up the most ...
|Mar. 17, 1966|
|1x26 Quarter Past Eleven |
- Reese decides to throw a party for Captain Parmalee's fourth anniversary with Company B. Chad and Joe are sent after robbers to recover Press Wasco's money and to unofficially ...
|Mar. 24, 1966|
|1x27 The Deadliest Kid in the West |
- Lance Mabry joined a gang of war buddies for a train robbery and is now on the run with the money. He hides out at his farm and learns his young daughter Missy is there, having ...
|Mar. 31, 1966|
|1x28 Sound of Terror |
- Murders begin occurring the day Shamus McCloud arrives in town. At first the murder of Doctor Ingram's dog seems to be possible revenge by Shamus McCloud for the death of his brother ...
|Apr. 07, 1966|
|1x29 The Would-Be Gentleman of Laredo |
- Reese "saves" three con artists from robbers and Don Miguel's ""dying"" wish is that Reese have 10% of his estate. It turns out the estate is the entire city of Laredo and ...
|Apr. 14, 1966|
|1x30 A Taste of Money |
- Reese's inventor friend Major John Cane is called upon to open a locked bank vault. Outlaw Ezekiel Fry sees him do it and tricks him into helping his gang rob the Porfirio Bank. ...
|Apr. 28, 1966|
Season 1 Characters
Season 1 Videos[none added]
Season 1 Quotes
|Season 1 / Episode 27: - The Deadliest Kid in the West|
Reese Bennett: Now, Captain, that ain't fair!
Captain Edward Parmalee: Ain't fair? Aiding and abetting the escape of a wanted man; coming in here with a cockeyed collection of pious pervarications! You've pulled some slippery shenanigans in the past, but this is the topper! I ought to throw the book at you. If I hadn't promised Missy...
Joe Riley: Ah ha...
Chad Cooper: Oh ho...
|Season 1 / Episode 14: - The Heroes of San Gill|
Chad Cooper: Excuse me, but where are you two ladies headed that a couple of young gentlemen wouldn't improve the situation?
Renee: Chad Cooper, take them fine manners elsewhere. I waited one whole hour for you last night!
Season 1 Trivia
» Back to Laredo Wiki