4x01 Knight of the Juggernaut (1)
First Aired: Sep. 20, 1985 on NBC
Summary: Michael and K.I.T.T.'s latest assignment, to guard a volatile new isotope in Chicago, looks as if it could be their last, when the late Wilton Knight's daughter Jennifer plans to shut down their division of FLAG, and suspends Michael. But meanwhile, international terrorist Phillip Nordstrom…
Main Characters in this Episode
Michael Knight: What's that in English?
Devon Miles: That is English.
Michael Knight: Oh.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When the juggernaut is finished smashing K.I.T.T., the T-Tops are missing and the car is now a hard top, including the passenger roof bent almost halfway through. If it were glass t-tops, it would have been busted not bent.
- Goof (miscellaneous): In the scene where K.I.T.T. "buttons up" his Super-Pursuit-Mode gadgetry just before the final showdown with the armored vehicle, only one of K.I.T.T.'s two tiny front "stabilizer fins" is shown retracting; footage of the same fin sliding back in is just shown twice; we never see the other fin retract.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When KITT's convertible mode is first revealed, we get a good look at the dashboard. Most of KITT's displays and buttons are seen to be cardboard cutouts or white tape.
- Goof (errors in geography): There are no mountains or hills in Chicago. The background of airstrip in final scene is not possible. The script says they are on airstrip near the loop. Meigs Field existed at the time of production. Three sides were surrounded by Lake Michigan, no hills, no wide open grounds, and no smoke stacks.
- Goof (continuity error): When Michael storms into Thortex and demands to see Hower, he is wearing light-colored shoes. Shortly after when he sneaks up to the 2nd floor, he is wearing dark/black shoes. When leaving the building with the Devon Miles imposter, he is wearing the light color shoes again.
- This two hour season opener is split up into two parts for syndication.
- First appearance of Super Pursuit Mode, Emergency Breaking System (EPS) and the C button for Convertible mode.
- Pamela Susan Shoop, who plays Marta, also guest starred in the first episode of the series, playing a different character.