6x16 Desperation Day
First Aired: Feb. 14, 2011 on CBS
Summary: Barney declares Feb. 13 a holiday for desperate women; Marshall receives a Valentine's Day surprise from Lily; Zoey and Ted work on figuring out their relationship.
Barney Stinson: February 13th, a magical night, where a Ten has the self esteem of a four and the depraved enthusiasm of a Two.
Barney Stinson: [about Robin and her anti-Valentine's Day friends] Please, you might as well be dog-earing a tear stained bridal magazine while wolfing down the box of chocolates you had delivered to yourself at work from your fiancé that no one has ever met.
Bev: Gerard is real!
Bev: Gerard is real!
- Goof (errors in geography): Marshall describes drives to the upper peninsula when he was young. Minnesota does not have an upper peninsula! As a Michigan resident the stupidity of the writers really bothers me.
- Goof (factual errors): When Marshall shows up while Lily is watching Predator, we can hear Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "Come on, come on. Kill me! I'm here... Kill Me!" Then, a few seconds later, we hear machine gun fire. There is no machine gun fire in the movie "Predator" after Schwarzenegger says those lines. These lines are right after he and the Predator physically fight and Schwarzenegger is tempting the Predator into his trap.
- Goof (factual errors): When playing the Nintendo Marshall mentions he has Super Mario Kart, a Game for the SNES console, not the 8-bit NES. Later in the episode Marshall and Ted are playing with controllers for the NES Console.
- The shirt that Marshall wears throughout the episode says 'Tarkenton Physical Education' on it. Fran Tarkenton was the quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings for most of the 60s and 70s where Marshall is from.
- Nazanin Boniadi, who plays Barney's love interest - Nora, was a Scientologist. She was 'selected' to be Tom Cruise's potential wife. She spent some time with him and got close. Then, a senior member of Scientology came to visit. Nazanin was unwell and didn't give the best impression of herself. The relationship ended swiftly after that. She was apparently heartbroken. She has gone on to find success in Homeland.