Hill Street Blues is a combination of drama and comedy. Set in the ghetto area of a large, unnamed East Coast US city. Each episode is a day in the life of the precinct from early morning roll-call to a late-night rehash of the day’s events, usually by Captain Frank Furillo, head of the unit, and Joyce Davenport, his secret lover and later wife.
Last Episode07x22 It Ain't Over Till It's … Aired: May. 12, 1987
Sid and Furillo work to find out who is setting up Buntz while Daniels publicly vilifies him; LaRue decides to beat a TV crew doing a live broadcast …
Hill Street Blues: Season 1, Episode #2 - Presidential Fever
Captain Furillo summons the heads of the various local gangs in an attempt to ensure their peaceful…
Hill Street Blues: Season 3, Episode #8 - Requiem For A Hairbag
LaRue and Washington open Maizel's safety deposit box and find evidence of his corruption; Bates and Coffey try…
- Capt. Frank Furillo
- Sgt. Phil Esterhaus
- Sgt. Mick Belker
- Officer Andrew 'Andy' Renko
- Officer Robert 'Bobby' Hill
Series Fun Facts
- At Michael Conrad's request, after his death his character of Sgt. Phil Esterhaus was revealed to have died of a heart attack during sex.
- Contrary to popular belief, it was Renko alone who was supposed to have died in the shootout in the pilot while his partner Hill survives. Charles Haid was originally a guest star in the…
[show]Contrary to popular belief, it was Renko alone who was supposed to have died in the shootout in the pilot while his partner Hill survives. Charles Haid was originally a guest star in the pilot as a favor for series creator Steven Bochco. After he shot the "Hill Street" pilot, he shot one for a proposed NBC hospital dramatic series, but it wasn't picked up by the network. He then asked Bochco if Renko could be resurrected and made into a regular in the series.
- Most episodes were written so that the action took place over the course of a single day.