Hill Street Blues is a combination of drama and comedy. Set in the ghetto area of a large, unnamed East Coast US city. Each episode is a day in the life of the precinct from early morning roll-call to a late-night rehash of the day’s events, usually by Captain Frank Furillo, head of the unit, and Joyce Davenport, his secret lover and later wife.
Last Episode07x22 It Ain't Over Till It's … Aired: May. 12, 1987
Sid and Furillo work to find out who is setting up Buntz while Daniels publicly vilifies him; LaRue decides to beat a TV crew doing a live broadcast …
Hill Street Blues: Season 1, Episode #2 - Presidential Fever
Captain Furillo summons the heads of the various local gangs in an attempt to ensure their peaceful…
Hill Street Blues: Season 3, Episode #8 - Requiem For A Hairbag
LaRue and Washington open Maizel's safety deposit box and find evidence of his corruption; Bates and Coffey try…
- Capt. Frank Furillo
- Sgt. Phil Esterhaus
- Sgt. Mick Belker
- Officer Andrew 'Andy' Renko
- Officer Robert 'Bobby' Hill
Series Fun Facts
- James Sikking based his portrayal of Lt. Howard Hunter on a drill instructor he knew in the military.
- Dennis Franz appeared earlier on the show in the role of dirty cop Sal Benedetto before taking on the role of Lt. Norman Buntz.
- Originally, Hill and Renko were supposed to die in the shooting in the drug house in the first episode. When it was decided that the series needed more uniformed cops to justify its title,…
[show]Originally, Hill and Renko were supposed to die in the shooting in the drug house in the first episode. When it was decided that the series needed more uniformed cops to justify its title, several finished or in-production episodes were reworked to show that they had survived and to bring them back; other uniforms' parts were expanded as well.