Hill Street Blues is a combination of drama and comedy. Set in the ghetto area of a large, unnamed East Coast US city. Each episode is a day in the life of the precinct from early morning roll-call to a late-night rehash of the day’s events, usually by Captain Frank Furillo, head of the unit, and Joyce Davenport, his secret lover and later wife.
Last Episode07x22 It Ain't Over Till It's … Aired: May. 12, 1987
Sid and Furillo work to find out who is setting up Buntz while Daniels publicly vilifies him; LaRue decides to beat a TV crew doing a live broadcast …
Hill Street Blues: Season 1, Episode #2 - Presidential Fever
Captain Furillo summons the heads of the various local gangs in an attempt to ensure their peaceful…
Hill Street Blues: Season 3, Episode #8 - Requiem For A Hairbag
LaRue and Washington open Maizel's safety deposit box and find evidence of his corruption; Bates and Coffey try…
- Capt. Frank Furillo
- Sgt. Phil Esterhaus
- Sgt. Mick Belker
- Officer Andrew 'Andy' Renko
- Officer Robert 'Bobby' Hill
Series Fun Facts
- A hallmark in the development of television drama, this was the first straight drama to incorporate multi-episode story arcs and sweeping narrative which had heretofore only been used in the…
[show]A hallmark in the development of television drama, this was the first straight drama to incorporate multi-episode story arcs and sweeping narrative which had heretofore only been used in the soaps. Now all dramas use this technique, from Game of Thrones to Pretty Little Liars, and this can all be traced back to this series.
- Edward James Olmos turned down the role of Lt. Ray Calletano. He did, however, make three guest appearances.
- When it was in development, the show was titled "Hill Street Station."