1x02 The First Cut Is the Deepest
First Aired: Apr. 03, 2005 on ABC
Summary: The surgical staff tries to stay positive when a young woman, despite brain surgery, is clinging to life after a brutal attempted rape. Meanwhile, Meredith risks her spot in the intern program when she crosses the line in order to save a newborn suffering from a undiagnosed heart condition.…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Richard Webber: Yes. Until the cops come for it.
Dr. Meredith Grey: Ok, well, what am I supposed to do with the penis?
Dr. Cristina Yang: Because you're George... and I'm Cristina.
- Goof (continuity error): George has toothpaste on the side of his face in the locker room, but in the next shot the toothpaste has disappeared.
- Goof (continuity error): Near the end of the episode, Grey and Derek have a conversation in front of the elevator. Typing on his gadget he snaps it shut in one shot, but the next shot shows the gadget is still open and he shuts it again.
- Goof (continuity error): When Cristina and Alex are delivering news to their patients about the overnight labs they look and act as if they are changing rooms. However, the pictures behind their heads are the same in every room they enter.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end of episode 2, Meredith has her hair tied in a ponytail when talking to Dr. Sheperd but as she exits the building to join her friends, her hair is let down.
- Every episode of the show is named after a famous song. "The First Cut is the Deepest" is a song by Cat Stevens
- Christina is the first person to call Shepherd "McDreamy"
- The flier Meredith posts for roommates says "Two nice rooms with shared bath available immediately, close to Seattle Grace. Near coffee shop, public transportation, shopping, and convenient to almost everything. Non-smokers only please, no pets and absolutely no Bush supporters need apply. All applicants will need to have a credit check completed. First and last month's rent plus a deposit is required to move in."