First Aired: May. 19, 2009 on FOX
Summary: Will Schuester an optimistic high school teacher, tries to reinvent the McKinley High School's glee club, while reinventing himself. He challenges a group of outcasts to realize their true star potential, while facing harsh criticism from everyone in the school.
Rachel Berry: You might think that all of the boys in school would want to tap this, but my MySpace schedule keeps me way too busy to date.
Tina Cohen-Chang: We're da-da-doomed
Quinn Fabray: Getting ready for the tranny prom, Rachel?
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When other students sign their names to the Glee Club sign-up sheet, we see Artie's name has been written as "Arty".
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): During "Don't Stop Believing," as Finn finishes playing the drums, he stands up and hands the drumsticks to the drummer, but we hear the drum fill continue while there is clearly no-one playing.
- Goof (factual errors): Sandy Ryerson says he got medical marijuana to treat his nervous breakdown. Ohio does not have medical marijuana yet. Michigan does, but bringing it across state lines would be a felony.
- Goof (factual errors): After Finn claimed his mother was having his prostate removed while actually going to Glee, Puck confronts him and claims "Chicks don't have prostates, I looked it up." However in a 2002 medical research study, it was found they do.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When we hear the narration by Rachel in the beginning of the episode, she states that she tries to post on MySpace everyday to keep her talent alive and growing. However, when the Cheerios are watching Rachel's cover of "On My Own", in the box that says "Similar Videos", it states that there are no other videos from Rachel.
- Kurt sings the song "Cellophane" from Chicago. Chris Colfer sang the same song for his audition for the show.
- Originally, the role of Principal Figgins was written for a white guy but Iqbal Theba got the part. He was born in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray) was the last person of the original cast to get a part. On her first day she had to do a scene with Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson) in which they 'made-out' together. Director Ryan Murphy told her to look sexy, but she was so nervous that she couldn't focus.
- Stephen Tobolowsky plays a character named Sandy Ryerson, the same last name as his character in Groundhog Day, Ned Ryerson.
- Rachel (Lea Michele) sings "On My Own" from "the seminal Broadway classic 'Les Misérables'" for her glee club audition. While still a small child, Michele made her Broadway debut as an alternate for the roles of young Cosette and young Éponine in "Les Misérables", and later was offered the role of adult Éponine (the character who sings "On My Own" in the show). Michele turned down the chance to play adult Éponine so that she could stay with the "Spring Awakening" production (which she had been with since its first workshop days) when it moved to Broadway. However, she did go on to play the role of Eponine at the Hollywood Bowl production.