6x06 Full Disclosure
First Aired: Mar. 19, 2017 on HBO
Summary: Marnie tries to convince a resistant Desi to follow through with their planned gig at her mom’s birthday party in New Jersey. After rebuffing Adam’s request to watch his film, Hannah gets advice on an important decision from her dad and his new partner, Keith. Elijah’s thespian…
Watch Episode On:- VUDU (purchase)
- Verizon On Demand (purchase)
- Amazon (purchase)
- HBO (Via Amazon Prime) (subscription)
- HBO NOW (subscription)
- HBO GO (tv_everywhere)
- This episode features the premiere of Robyn Carlsson's song "Honey". The song was not ready to be released, but Carlsson finished it especially for Lena Dunham in order that it could be featured over the end credits. Dunham's character, Hannah, memorably dances to Carlsson's "Dancing on My Own" in the third episode of the first season.
- SPOILER: The final appearance of Desi (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) in the series.
- The coworker Elijah practices lines with is Jasmine Cephas Jones, who played Peggy/Maria Reynolds in the original production of Hamilton. She is the second Hamilton actor to appear in this season of Girls (Desi's rehab therapist also starred in Hamilton).
- Elijah says "If I'm saying that I'm a Broadway-caliber actor, shouldn't I only be auditioning for things that would take place on Broadway?", Andrew Rannells (who plays Elijah) is a Broadway actor, and he appeared in musicals such as "Hairspray", "Jersey Boys" and "The Book of Mormon".
- The scene in Adam's movie that shows how Hannah and Adam met was proposed as a flashback scene in season 2 by Lena Dunham, and rejected by the writers' room.