2x12 Don't Bug the Mosquitoes
First Aired: Dec. 09, 1965 on CBS
Summary: A rock combo lands on the island to get away from their fans, only to run into the castaways, who tries to get the group to help them get off the island.
- Goof (factual errors): The small helicopter seen at the beginning of the episode couldn't possibly have carried all the band members and their instruments. It clearly had only two seats and no space for luggage.
- Goof (revealing mistake): The Mosquitoes are able to play their electric guitars without amplifiers or electricity.
- There are two different published versions of this episode. The most notable differing scenes are: Ver. 1: The Mosquitos' concert is shown just as it is ending; and the Honeybees each sing solo parts in multiple verses of their song, "You Need Us." This is the version originally aired on CBS, as most viewers may recall. Ver. 2: The Mosquitos perform a full song, "He's a Loser" (a different song from Ver. 1), in their concert; and the Honeybees sing together just a single verse of "You Need Us." This version has appeared subsequently in TVLand reruns.
- The three-man folk singing group The Wellingtons sang the theme song for the first season, but were replaced by a similar sounding group, The Eligibles, for the following seasons. The Wellingtons (plus one) also portrayed 'The Mosquitoes' in this episode of the series.
- In the Honeybees' performance of "You Need Us", Dawn Wells' singing voice is dubbed by singer/songwriter Jackie DeShannon.