1x13 Three Million Dollars More or Less
First Aired: Dec. 26, 1964 on CBS
Summary: In a golfing contest with Gilligan, Mr. Howell loses 3 million dollars.
- Goof (revealing mistake): The Howells' hut is supposed to have a dirt floor, but a loud crack can be heard after Mr. Howell's cue chalk falls off the pool table.
- Goof (plot holes): Gilligan and Mr. Howell bet $.25 and continue to bet "double or nothing." Gilligan wins $3 million which could not happen unless a different bet was made at some point and not shown.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Skipper states that it is the "third day of the third month," or March 3rd. Later Mr. Howell complains about his oyster-shell putter and Mrs. Howell explains that it doesn't fell right because there is no "R" in the month.
- When the Skipper stopped the game Gilligan should really have had $4,194,304.
- 25 cent at double or nothing, it would take approximately 24 holes in one to get close too Three Million Dollars.