1x10 Fire and Blood
First Aired: Jun. 19, 2011 on HBO
Summary: In aftermath of recent events, Sansa is forced to obey to Joffrey and Arya must pretend to be a boy. Jon Snow has to decide between his blood brother and his sworn brothers. Robb will grow strong in his revenge. Tywin Lannister will give Tyrion opportunity that he never expected. Daenerys…
Main Characters in this Episode
Arya is in shock. Yoren is holding her and calling her a "Boy". He takes Arya away from the Sept, cuts her hair and explains her that she must pretend to be a boy and leave with him and recruits to the North.
At Winterfell, Bran– in his dream – once again follows three-eyed crow. When he woke up, he convinced Osha to take him to the crypts under the castle because, in his dream, his father was waiting for him there. Even thou she’s skeptic and a little scared, Osha agrees to takes Bran under the castle. In the crypts, Bran showed her the gravestones of his grandfather Lord Rickard Stark and his father’s sister Lyanna Stark. They stopped at empty space, where Bran was supposed to meet his father, when Rickon's direwolf, Shaggydog jumped in front of them. For the same reason and because of a same dream, Rickon was also there – waiting for Eddard.
Sansa Stark: Or maybe he'll give me yours.
Jon Snow: My friends brought me back.
Jeor Mormont: I didn't say it was *your* honor.
- Goof (revealing mistake): At the end of the episode when the Dothraki all kneel after Daenerys Targaryen stands up, the men behind her next to the horses drop completely on the ground. However, in the wider shot of the scene, the men are still standing with just their heads down. When the final shot is widened further, some of the men near the horses have disappeared.
- According to the original novel, the singer who was tried by Joffrey was not Marillion, but an unnamed tavern singer. Marillion, who was present at the Crossroads Inn when Catelyn captured Tyrion and accompanied them to the Vale, makes an appearance in the next books, but never in King's Landing.
- S1E10 featured the head of former president George W. Bush as a prop in a beheading scene. After an official apology from HBO the episode was pulled from all digital platforms, including HBO Go and iTunes. Also all shipments of the DVD box set featuring the show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss' commentary that drew attention to the use of the head as a prop, were halted. After editing and altering the head the episode was put back online June 25, 2012.
- The episode title "Fire and Blood" is the motto of House Targaryen.
- Two of the scenes - Arya's brutal encounter with Hot Pie and Lommy, and the conversation between Jaime and Catelyn - are not included in the original novel, but in the sequel "Clash of Kings".