1x05 Power Hungry
First Aired: Oct. 14, 2008 on FOX
Summary: A deliveryman discovers he has the ability to control electrical devices and discharge current, leading to an elevator crash. Walter recognizes the accident as caused by someone who has undergone electrical augmentation, similar to a project he conducted using homing pigeons. Meanwhile,…
Main Characters in this Episode
Agent Olivia Dunham: Yeah. That's me.
- Goof (continuity error): When Joseph Meagher is kidnapped, his watch says 9:05 p.m.,and his mother is dead upstairs in the apartment. Later, Agent Dunham says the mother's time of death as 1:15 a.m.
- Goof (revealing mistake): During the power outage, when the elevator goes down Olivia looks up at the elevator listing which shows there to be 10 floors in the building. The federal building where this scene takes place obviously has more than 10 floors.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When the camera is closing in on Joseph after the elevator has crashed, the woman in the bottom of the screen swallows although Walter said that they all died before the elevator hit the ground.
- Goof (continuity error): Olivia is following John at the end of the episode. When she exits the SUV the ground is dry (no rain on windshield, as well). As she travels through an alley, there is rain hitting the street behind her and when she exits the alley seeing John go down steps, the ground is dry with no rain.
- Goof (errors in geography): Broyles said that the building in which the elevator plummeted was in Worcester, Massachusetts. However, when the camera shows the city skyline before Joseph made the delivery to Bethany, it is actually the skyline of Hartford, Connecticut.
- "The Observer" can be spotted near the elevator in the beginning.
- The establishing shots for the office building in Worcester are actually of downtown Hartford, Connecticut.
- The glyphs translate to spell the word "Surge".
- Walter Bishop remembers that Astrid's name begins with an "A".