5x18 Meet the Quagmires
First Aired: May. 20, 2007 on FOX
Summary: Death grants Peter's wish of going back in time to be 18 again just for one night so that he can sow his wild oats. In 1984, he bails on a date with Lois to go to a bar and make out with a movie actress, but when he returns to the present, he discovers that he is now married to the former…
Main Characters in this Episode
Peter Griffin: Me, too, Lois. And, hey, let's just all be grateful that things are completely back to normal again.
Roger Smith: Who ate all the pecan sandies?
- Goof (anachronisms): Peter gets sent back to the Summer of 1984. The Axel F. Theme from Beverly Hills Cop, which Peter dances to and "sings along" with in the club wasn't released until the following winter.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): When Brian is playing in the band at the dance and looks at the photograph, the guitar can still be heard though he isn't playing it at that moment.
- Goof (anachronisms): In 1984, Peter makes a reference to Hellraiser when talking to young Cleveland. This film was not released until 1987.
- Goof (anachronisms): Zapped! came out in 1982, not 1984 (the year the flashbacks take place) as Lois states.
- Goof (continuity error): In this episode, when Peter travels back to 1984, he's 18 again. Brian sees Lois and exclaims "18 year old Lois! Son of a b***h!" But in an earlier episode, "Let's Go To The Hop", Lois tells Peter she's 2 years younger than him.
- Meg, Stewie, and Chris have no speaking parts in this episode, aside from the scenes in which they are depicted as Quagmire's children.
- During the dinner with Quagmire in the alternate present time line, Lois references Mad TV. Alex Borstein, who voices Lois, was a regular on Mad TV for years.