First Aired: Jul. 18, 2006 on SyFy
Summary: An accident leads a U.S. Marshal and a teenage girl (who later is revealed to be his daughter) to a peculiar town populated by scientists and their families where 10-year-old boys are in 11th grade, the local diner doesn't believe in menus, and E=MC² was just the beginning. Just as the…
Main Characters in this Episode
Marshal Jack Carter: *You* are an honest to God, paranormal encounter.
Allison Blake: Area 51 *wishes* they had our security.
- Goof (continuity error): When Allison Blake is with Jack Carter talking to Warren King Carter's '5 PM shadow' magically vanishes between the scene where he pops the Division Softball Team joke and the next in the lab where the trees and cows are being examined.
- Goof (continuity error): When Jack and Zoe are traveling at the beginning of the episode there is a cage in the car between the front and back seat. However, at the end, when they are driving away, there is no cage.
- Goof (continuity error): In the letter Carter receives stating that he is being promoted, it reads that it is for his excellent work in Eureka, Washington. In later episodes, it is stated that Eureka is actually located in Oregon.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Jack crashes when driving into town, the car spins into some trees. There is a light on the ground in the ditch behind the car. It is shinning up onto the car clearly not part of the car and not part of the forest.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In all episodes in all season that Lupo is working for the town as a deputy sheriff, she has a revolver as a service weapon. However, her utility belt has two cases for clips for an automatic weapon as her reloads. That is, she carries a revolver while carrying clips for reloading the revolver, which is not possible.
- The Jeep where the Marshal is kept prisoner does not have a state license plate. The plate only reads "Eureka" other than the matriculation number.
- Opening placard for the series: "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot." Albert Einstein.
- Fun fact: The license plate number of Taggart's jeep has NACL as part of the license plate number. Na is the scientific symbol for the element sodium, and Cl is the scientific symbol for the element chlorine, which together, NaCl, makes sodium chloride, also known as salt.
- The character Susan is reading 'Ervin Lazlo''s book 'Science and the Akashic Field: an Integral Theory of Everything' (ISBN #1594770425) in bed in the Pilot's opening.