Downton Abbey is a historical drama written by Julian Fellowes. The series follows the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them in an Edwardian country house just after the turn of the 20th century.
Last Episode06x09 Christmas Day Aired: Dec. 25, 2015
Mary endeavours to build bridges with her sister while Edith’s secret continues to pose a threat, despite having nothing left to lose. As Henry …
- Robert, Earl of Grantham
- Cora, Countess of Grantham
- Violet, Dowager Countess of …
- Lady Mary Crawley
- Lady Edith Crawley
Series Fun Facts
- According to Jessica Fellowes' book, "The World of Downton Abbey" (2011), the acclaimed TV series cost an average of £1 million per episode to produce.
- According to Julian Fellowes, the parts played by Hugh Bonneville, Brendan Coyle and Maggie Smith were written for the actors that played them.
- According Joanne Froggatt, Anna originally meant to be a slightly older character, because they didn't want an age-gap between her and Bates. However they were so satisfied with Joanne, who…
[show]According Joanne Froggatt, Anna originally meant to be a slightly older character, because they didn't want an age-gap between her and Bates. However they were so satisfied with Joanne, who is 17 years younger than Brendan Coyle, that the relationship of Anna and Bates was turned out to be a May-December romance.