Downton Abbey is a historical drama written by Julian Fellowes. The series follows the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them in an Edwardian country house just after the turn of the 20th century.
Last Episode06x09 Christmas Day Aired: Dec. 25, 2015
Mary endeavours to build bridges with her sister while Edith’s secret continues to pose a threat, despite having nothing left to lose. As Henry …
- Robert, Earl of Grantham
- Cora, Countess of Grantham
- Violet, Dowager Countess of …
- Lady Mary Crawley
- Lady Edith Crawley
Series Fun Facts
- David Weston was seen for the role of Charles Grigg but thought too old.
- Zoe Boyle, who played Lavinia Swire in series two, said in an interview that her hair took an hour and half to style.
- When the first series was broadcast, Julian Fellowes, the creator and executive producer, was annoyed at newspaper articles which printed viewers' criticisms of anachronisms (e.g. TV aerials…
[show]When the first series was broadcast, Julian Fellowes, the creator and executive producer, was annoyed at newspaper articles which printed viewers' criticisms of anachronisms (e.g. TV aerials and double yellow lines in shot), especially the newspapers' assumptions that all such criticisms were valid. The word "boyfriend" was wrongly thought to be an anachronism when it first appeared in print in 1889, long before the time when Downton Abbey was set. At the time, he said "They think to show how smart they are by picking holes in the programme to promote their own poshness and to show that their knowledge is greater than your knowledge". However in an article in Radio Times on 17 September 2011, coinciding with the start of the second series, Fellowes apologised and commented "I behaved rather badly by getting the hump".