6x07 A Good Man Goes to War (Part 1)
First Aired: Jun. 04, 2011 on BBC One
Summary: This is the episode. The episode where we finally find out who River Song is. Where the Doctor faces his darkest hour. Where Sontaran, Silurian and Cyber forces - for once - are not the most dangerous threats to the Time Lord. Where Amy and Rory must summon their courage as never…
Main Characters in this Episode
Amy Pond: [levels the gun at River again] I still can't read it.
River Song: It's because it's Gallifreyan and doesn't translate.
River Song: [picks up the prayer leaf and places it in Amy's right hand] But this will. It's your daughter's name in the language of the Forest.
Amy Pond: I know my daughter's name!
River Song: Except, they don't have a word for "pond," 'cause the only water in the Forest is the river. The Doctor *will* find your daughter, and he will care for her, whatever it takes, and I know that.
River Song: It's me. I'm Melody. I'm your daughter.
- Alex Kingston filmed her roles in two days.
- When Madame Vrasta exits her cab, she says "Thank you Parker, I won't be needing you again tonight", and the cab driver responds with "Yes, milady". This is right out of "Thunderbirds", where Lady Penelope would address her chauffeur, Parker.
- The uniforms worn by the soldiers are of identical design to the Airman Battle Uniform (ABU) worn by members of the United States Air Force.
- The chevrons worn by the clerics on their sleeves are almost identical to the modern logo of the United States Air Force.
- SPOILER: According to Simon Fisher-Becker the decapitation of Dorium was longer with much emphasis on Dorium having no head.