2x12 Army of Ghosts
First Aired: Jul. 01, 2006 on BBC One
Summary: Ghostly beings have been regularly appearing across the world and people, believing them to be their dead loved ones, are welcoming their visits with open arms. When the TARDIS arrives at the Torchwood Institute, the Tenth Doctor and Rose are taken prisoner. They are drawn into the…
Main Characters in this Episode
The Doctor: That's Rose Tyler.
Yvonne Hartman: [looking confusedly at Jackie] Then she is?
Jackie Tyler: I'm her mother.
Yvonne Hartman: [laughing] You travel with her mother?
Jackie Tyler: I was kidnapped!
The Doctor: Please, when you come to write my official biography, please don't say I travelled with her mother.
The Doctor: Well I have a reputation to uphold.
Yvonne Hartman: What are they?
The Doctor: The advance guard. They came through first.
The Doctor: Cybermen!
- Goof (continuity error): When Yvonne is taking the Doctor and Jackie to the Sphere Room, there is a sign opposite the door that has the words "Torchwood Institute". In the next shot where you can see the corridor from inside the Sphere Chamber, the sign has disappeared. It reappears again when Rose is going into the Sphere Chamber, but this time it has directions to the Reception, Canteen and Lever Room as well as "Torchwood Institute". It also disappears again when you see the corridor from inside the Chamber.
- Goof (continuity error): At the start when we see Rose on the bus, a bald man sits down on the seat behind her. However, when the camera is inside the bus, he is sitting two seats behind her, without enough time for him to move.
- Goof (plot holes): Throughout the series, Rose (and the audience) have had all languages translated for them by the TARDIS. Yet when clicking the television around, all the the foreign correspondents are untranslated.
- Goof (continuity error): When Yvonne Hartman is showing the Doctor through Torchwood after leaving the TARDIS, she pushes the door open into the main building with one hand, but when the camera cuts to them entering the building she pushes them open with two hands.
- The footage of Canary Warf used when Jackie looks out of the window is taken from the series two opening episode of The Apprentice (UK).
- This episode was watched by 8.19 million viewers on its original transmission.
- Yvonne Hartman was originally written for a older actress but when none of the performers in that age range were free. The much younger Tracey Ann Oberman was hired.
- David Warwick who has a minor role is the partner of Louise Jameson who played Leela in the Tom Baker Era.
- Freema Agyeman has a small role in this episode as Adeola Oshodi, a employee of the Torchwood Institute. Freema went on to play Martha Jones, the Doctor's companion after Rose Tyler. It was later revealed that Martha was the cousin of Adeola.