3x05 Chuck Versus First Class
First Aired: Jun. 28, 2010 on NBC
Summary: CIA agent Daniel Shaw assigns Chuck to his first solo mission in Paris, ignoring Sarah and Casey’s wishes. During the flight to France, Chuck befriends Hannah and flashes on another passenger - the imposing Hugo Panzer. Meanwhile, Casey helps Morgan battle Jeff and Lester for control of…
Main Characters in this EpisodeMore
[Finding nunchakus in Chuck's luggage] What are these?Chuck Bartowski:
Nunchakus. You know very well that I don't like carrying guns. But I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have *some* kind of offensive weapon, you know. Just to have with me. Just in case. And they're supposed to be in the Intersect.
CIA Special Agent Daniel Shaw: We both made the same mistake, Sarah. We fell in love with spies.
[Casey's smoking a cigar] This is a no smoking store.Morgan Grimes:
Thanks Jeff. You know what, my lieutenant has the right to smoke a cigar if he wants. Or he can put it out. Mr. Casey. [Casey puts out the cigar in his hand] Anyone else want to leave?
- Goof (continuity error): When Chuck is searching for the key in the baggage rack, he is wearing a (wedding) ring. In the next shot by the coffin it is gone.
- Goof (continuity error): The champagne glasses the stewardess gives Chuck and Hannah are clearly chilled but in the reverse angle when they are holding them, they are clearly not chilled.
- This episode guest stars two people who have also been a part of the Superman universe: Brandon Routh as Superman from Superman Returns and Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang from Smallville.
- When speculating on what fellow passengers did for a living, Hannah guessed that the character played by Steve Austin was a professional wrestler. In fact, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is a retired professional wrestler.
- SPOILER: The people Shaw calls to take control of the airplane go by the code name "Blackbriar". Blackbriar is the code name for the operation which succeeded operation Treadstone in 'The Bourne Ultimatum'
- Steve Austin's character is named "Hugo Panzer". Panzer means "tank" in German.
- The cigar John Casey smokes is from a box of cigars from Costa Gravas which the Premier gives him in "Chuck versus the Angel de la Muerte."