3x05 Chuck Versus First Class
First Aired: Jun. 28, 2010 on NBC
Summary: CIA agent Daniel Shaw assigns Chuck to his first solo mission in Paris, ignoring Sarah and Casey’s wishes. During the flight to France, Chuck befriends Hannah and flashes on another passenger - the imposing Hugo Panzer. Meanwhile, Casey helps Morgan battle Jeff and Lester for control of…
CIA Special Agent Daniel Shaw: Chuck, you flashed yet?
Chuck Bartowski: Yeah. How'd you know I'd flash?
CIA Special Agent Daniel Shaw: Because your mission's not in Paris. Your mission is on the plane.
John Casey: Insurgents. I hate insurgents.
Morgan Grimes: Then this'll work out I think.
- Goof (continuity error): When Chuck is searching for the key in the baggage rack, he is wearing a (wedding) ring. In the next shot by the coffin it is gone.
- Goof (continuity error): The champagne glasses the stewardess gives Chuck and Hannah are clearly chilled but in the reverse angle when they are holding them, they are clearly not chilled.
- The cigar John Casey smokes is from a box of cigars from Costa Gravas which the Premier gives him in "Chuck versus the Angel de la Muerte."
- This episode contains two guest stars who have been stars of different versions of "Superman": Brandon Routh, who played the title role in Superman Returns, and Kristin Kreuk, who played Lana Lang in Smallville
- SPOILER: The people Shaw calls to take control of the airplane go by the code name "Blackbriar". Blackbriar is the code name for the operation which succeeded operation Treadstone in 'The Bourne Ultimatum'
- When speculating on what fellow passengers did for a living, Hannah guessed that the character played by Steve Austin was a professional wrestler. In fact, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is a retired professional wrestler.
- Steve Austin's character is named "Hugo Panzer". Panzer means "tank" in German.