1x08 The Truth Is Out There... and It Hurts
First Aired: Nov. 25, 1998 on The WB
Summary: Acting on Phoebe's premonition, the sisters race to stop a mysterious killer from striking again. Prue finds a truth spell and uses it to find out Andy's reaction to her being a witch. When the spell ends, nobody but the sisters remember what was said and Andy's reaction toward Prue's…
Tanya Parker: Actually, I was saving that for Prue.
Hannah Webster: Yeah, you were.
Prue Halliwell: Don't you hate turkey?
Hannah Webster: Of course I do. I just don't want you to have it.
Prue Halliwell: Is there any particular reason why you're such a bitch to me?
Hannah Webster: Yes. Because it's my mission in life to destroy you.
Rex Buckland: Well, uh, nothing like a bit of inter-office rivalry to get those competitive juices flowing. Um, Hannah, a word.
Prue Halliwell: What's the vaccine for? What does it protect against?
Gavin: Against me, of course and all other warlocks like me in the future. The Parker child will be the one to bring together all the elements to create the vaccine which will destroy us.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Phoebe tells Tanya that Gavin is a demon, but he is a warlock.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When the Warlock Gavin kills one of the effects shown is the eyes drained of color, this is confirmed by Andy (at around 46 mins), however when the corpse of the first victim is found (at around 13 mins) the eyes were shown as normal.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Phoebe is able to prevent Prue from revealing her identity as a witch to Rex by interrupting Prue and changing the word witch to "winner". This, however, is a lie, and would not be ale to occur under the 24 hour truth spell.
- The real book of shadows prop was being repaired during the filming of this episode. Tanya was flipping through pages of a different book and the cameras simply avoided showing the book's cover to hide this.
- SPOILER: Technically the first time Andy learns the truth about Prue being a witch
- The title of this episode is a nod to anther supernatural series "The X Files" (1993). Which used the tagline, "The Truth is Out There" for the majority of the series.