6x12 Deep Cover
First Aired: Jan. 13, 2014 on ABC
Summary: A gloved hand dials 911 but no words are spoken. The mystery caller places the phone near a running shower where a dead man is sprawled in his tub. The victim is Ted Rollins—a 20-year-old record store worker was shot twice in the chest. Castle finds a laptop hidden in the floorboards. The…
Watch Episode On:- Verizon On Demand (purchase)
- Amazon (purchase)
- VUDU (purchase)
- Xfinity (tv_everywhere)
- TNT (tv_everywhere)
Richard Castle: Yeah, with a bow courtesy of my father.
Kate Beckett: At least Ted's killer was brought to justice. You know, in a... in a way.
Richard Castle: Blaine killed Ted, but left his body at Coney Island. It was my father that moved the body. Now, he could have put it anywhere, but he took it to Ted's apartment. Do you know why?
Kate Beckett: To bring him into our jurisdiction.
Richard Castle: He wanted us to catch the case, so he could work me for information.
Kate Beckett: Well, maybe he was just looking for a reason to see you again, and... this was his way.
Richard Castle: I keep making the mistake of thinking he's family. But he's not. You are. September.
Kate Beckett: What?
Richard Castle: We're getting married in September. It won't be too hot, it won't be too cold, it's in the Goldilocks zone. It's perfect.
Kate Beckett: Wait a minute, Castle, what about your book tour?
Richard Castle: Screw it.
Richard Castle: Sounds like a case of "Weekend at Bernie's" gone wrong. No. No, wait. That would have to mean there's such a thing as a "Weekend at Bernie's" gone right.
- Goof (continuity error): After Castle's dad is shot he shows up on his son's doorstep seeking help. While Martha and Rick tend to the wounded person lying on the bed, the wet stains on the pillow change in form and size a few times between shots.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): When Castle is confronted by the spy in the library the spy pulls a gun out from under his coat. The sound of a the gun being loaded can be heard (racking the slide) when the gun is pulled out. The gun clearly was not loaded therefore would not have made the sound.
- Goof (factual errors): Cashiers' checks are not *totally* untraceable, as is stated. They always have information about the originating bank, if not also the branch of the bank. Visiting that bank may lead to documentation used to issue the check (a letter of authorization, surveillance video, etc.).
- SPOILER: At the end of the episode, Castle decides to cancel an upcoming book tour so that he and Beckett can get married in September. This is roughly when the fall television season begins, with the implication that the wedding would be held in the seventh season premiere.
- Castle initially tells Becket they can't get married in September because he has to travel that month. The only days he would be available that month would be on Mondays. The series airs on Monday nights in North America.