6x12 Deep Cover
First Aired: Jan. 13, 2014 on ABC
Summary: A gloved hand dials 911 but no words are spoken. The mystery caller places the phone near a running shower where a dead man is sprawled in his tub. The victim is Ted Rollins—a 20-year-old record store worker was shot twice in the chest. Castle finds a laptop hidden in the floorboards. The…
Receptionist: Let me see if he's available.
Richard Castle: [his phone rings] Excuse me.
Kate Beckett: Yeah.
Richard Castle: Castle.
Jackson Hunt: Richard, something is about to happen, but you cannot react.
Richard Castle: I'm sorry, who is this?
Jackson Hunt: Lives are at stake. Don't react.
Receptionist: Sorry, Mr. Cross isn't picking up. Oh, here he is. Mr. Cross, these people are here to see you.
Jackson Hunt: Hello, there. I'm Anderson Cross.
Kate Beckett: Hi, I'm Detective Kate Beckett, NYPD.
Jackson Hunt: Detective Beckett, so nice to meet you.
Kate Beckett: And, uh, this is Richard Castle.
Jackson Hunt: Sorry, I didn't get the name.
Richard Castle: Uh, Richard. Richard Castle.
Jackson Hunt: So, why don't we go on into the conference room where we can talk?
Kate Beckett: Yes.
Richard Castle: Dad?
Jackson Hunt: [firmly] Not a word.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): When Castle is confronted by the spy in the library the spy pulls a gun out from under his coat. The sound of a the gun being loaded can be heard (racking the slide) when the gun is pulled out. The gun clearly was not loaded therefore would not have made the sound.
- Goof (continuity error): After Castle's dad is shot he shows up on his son's doorstep seeking help. While Martha and Rick tend to the wounded person lying on the bed, the wet stains on the pillow change in form and size a few times between shots.
- Goof (factual errors): Cashiers' checks are not *totally* untraceable, as is stated. They always have information about the originating bank, if not also the branch of the bank. Visiting that bank may lead to documentation used to issue the check (a letter of authorization, surveillance video, etc.).
- Castle initially tells Becket they can't get married in September because he has to travel that month. The only days he would be available that month would be on Mondays. The series airs on Monday nights in North America.
- SPOILER: At the end of the episode, Castle decides to cancel an upcoming book tour so that he and Beckett can get married in September. This is roughly when the fall television season begins, with the implication that the wedding would be held in the seventh season premiere.