6x12 Deep Cover
First Aired: Jan. 13, 2014 on ABC
Summary: A gloved hand dials 911 but no words are spoken. The mystery caller places the phone near a running shower where a dead man is sprawled in his tub. The victim is Ted Rollins—a 20-year-old record store worker was shot twice in the chest. Castle finds a laptop hidden in the floorboards. The…
Richard Castle: Crap.
Kate Beckett: Hey. So, I thought I'd see if Alexis remembers anything more about the man from the sketches.
Richard Castle: Yeah, about the man in the sketches... um... there's something you should know about him.
Kate Beckett: What?
Richard Castle: He's your future father-in-law.
Richard Castle: Sounds like a case of "Weekend at Bernie's" gone wrong. No. No, wait. That would have to mean there's such a thing as a "Weekend at Bernie's" gone right.
Richard Castle: As soon as the Kingfish network goes online, I log in, I download the list.
Jackson Hunt: You don't just log in, you gotta be first.
Richard Castle: Right.
Martha Rodgers: But why does he have to be first?
Richard Castle: It locks out the Iranians from downloading the list.
Kate Beckett: Right. And while Castle's downloading, I'll track the signal using the WiFi analyzer on my phone.
Martha Rodgers: You can find a spy on your phone?
Richard Castle: Mother, there's an app for everything now.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): When Castle is confronted by the spy in the library the spy pulls a gun out from under his coat. The sound of a the gun being loaded can be heard (racking the slide) when the gun is pulled out. The gun clearly was not loaded therefore would not have made the sound.
- Goof (continuity error): After Castle's dad is shot he shows up on his son's doorstep seeking help. While Martha and Rick tend to the wounded person lying on the bed, the wet stains on the pillow change in form and size a few times between shots.
- Goof (factual errors): In the very first scene, the person calling 911 was actually calling 733. He went from the bottom left to the top right. (When looking at it the right way.)
- Castle initially tells Becket they can't get married in September because he has to travel that month. The only days he would be available that month would be on Mondays. The series airs on Monday nights in North America.
- At the end of the episode, Castle decides to cancel an upcoming book tour so that he and Beckett can get married in September. This is roughly when the fall television season begins, with the implication that the wedding would be held in the seventh season premiere.