6x12 Deep Cover
First Aired: Jan. 13, 2014 on ABC
Summary: A gloved hand dials 911 but no words are spoken. The mystery caller places the phone near a running shower where a dead man is sprawled in his tub. The victim is Ted Rollins—a 20-year-old record store worker was shot twice in the chest. Castle finds a laptop hidden in the floorboards. The…
Richard Castle: I thought you didn't want to wait that long.
Kate Beckett: Nah, I just... I want to be flexible.
Richard Castle: You already are flexible.
Richard Castle: You see what I did there?
Javier Esposito: [approaching] What's so funny?
Richard Castle: Well, actually, did you know Beckett can lift her...
Kate Beckett: [interrupting] No. Nothing. Hello? Nothing.
Richard Castle: I'll tell you later.
Richard Castle: Yeah, with a bow courtesy of my father.
Kate Beckett: At least Ted's killer was brought to justice. You know, in a... in a way.
Richard Castle: Blaine killed Ted, but left his body at Coney Island. It was my father that moved the body. Now, he could have put it anywhere, but he took it to Ted's apartment. Do you know why?
Kate Beckett: To bring him into our jurisdiction.
Richard Castle: He wanted us to catch the case, so he could work me for information.
Kate Beckett: Well, maybe he was just looking for a reason to see you again, and... this was his way.
Richard Castle: I keep making the mistake of thinking he's family. But he's not. You are. September.
Kate Beckett: What?
Richard Castle: We're getting married in September. It won't be too hot, it won't be too cold, it's in the Goldilocks zone. It's perfect.
Kate Beckett: Wait a minute, Castle, what about your book tour?
Richard Castle: Screw it.
Richard Castle: Right. And the hydraulic fluid and red paint on Ted's clothes? He was at an amusement park, and I can tell you which one.
Lanie Parish: How?
Richard Castle: Well, as a... connoisseur of carny food, there's only one amusement park that has both fried clams and funnel cake, and that park is...
Richard Castle, Kate Beckett: Coney Island.
Lanie Parish: Okay, you two creep me out when you do that... shared brain thing.
- Goof (factual errors): In the very first scene, the person calling 911 was actually calling 733. He went from the bottom left to the top right. (When looking at it the right way.)
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): When Castle is confronted by the spy in the library the spy pulls a gun out from under his coat. The sound of a the gun being loaded can be heard (racking the slide) when the gun is pulled out. The gun clearly was not loaded therefore would not have made the sound.
- Goof (continuity error): After Castle's dad is shot he shows up on his son's doorstep seeking help. While Martha and Rick tend to the wounded person lying on the bed, the wet stains on the pillow change in form and size a few times between shots.
- Castle initially tells Becket they can't get married in September because he has to travel that month. The only days he would be available that month would be on Mondays. The series airs on Monday nights in North America.
- At the end of the episode, Castle decides to cancel an upcoming book tour so he and Beckett can get married in September. This is roughly when the fall television season begins, with the implication that the wedding would be held in the seventh season premiere.