2x14 The Third Man
First Aired: Jan. 25, 2010 on ABC
Summary: Mysteries abound when a family returns from vacation to discover a dead man in their daughter's bed. Thinking they're investigating the murder of a squatter, Castle and Beckett soon find themselves unravelling a multi-million dollar heist. Meanwhile, Castle tries to keep Beckett from…
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Castle says "They're gonna forget all about you and I." As a professional writer, he should know that that should be phrased "They're gonna forget all about you and me."
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): As a seasoned detective, there is no way Beckett would have blabbed all about an ongoing investigation to her date, a total stranger.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): (at around 23 mins) When Alexis is complaining about Castle's presence on the Most Eligible Bachelors list, she mentions a friend who is "... seventeen, but she'll be legal in three months." The age of consent in New York is seventeen, not eighteen.
- Goof (continuity error): When Castle is getting ready for his date with Amanda Livingston, he ties his tie twice while talking to Alexis.
- Goof (continuity error): (at around 55 mins) When Beckett points at the spider on Castle's shoulder, Castle looks down at it, and in the next cut he looks at it again.
- All the people in the "Top Ten Most Eligible Bachelors/Bachelorettes" list in the paper are "Castle" cast and crew.
- Castle is mentioned as one of New York's 10 most eligible bachelors list in the paper. A newspaper front is shown with Castle's photo and some of the show's writers/producers as the other bachelors including Andrew Marlowe (Andrew W. Marlowe), the show's creator, as #8 and David Grae as #2. When the female bachelorette counter-part list is briefly shown, #2 is Elizabeth Beall, a regular writer for the show.