First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Main Characters in this Episode
Buffy: [still trying to find her] Willow! Don't do it!
Warren Meers: Oh, and when you get caught... you'll lose them too. Your friends. You don't want that. I know you're in pain, but...
Willow Rosenberg: Bored now.
Xander: Oh, my God.
Buffy: What did you do? Willow, what did you do?
Willow Rosenberg: One down...
Xander: Yeah, she's really off the wagon, big-time. Warren's a dead man if she finds him.
Dawn: [bitterly] Good!
Buffy: Dawn, don't say that.
Dawn: Why not? I'd do it myself if I could.
Buffy: Because you don't really feel that way.
Dawn: Yes, I do! And you should too. He killed Tara, and he nearly killed you. He needs to pay!
Xander: [nods with approval] Out of the mouths of babes.
Xander: I'm just saying he's... he's just as bad as any murderous vampire you've sent to dustville.
Buffy: Being a Slayer doesn't give me a license to kill. Warren's human.
Dawn: [scoffs] So?
Buffy: So the human world has its own rules for dealing with people like him.
Xander: Yeah, and we all know how well those rules work.
Buffy: Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. Look... we can't control the universe. If we were supposed to... then the magic wouldn't change Willow the way it does. And... we'd be able to bring Tara back.
Dawn: [quietly] And Mom.
Buffy: There are limits to what we can do. There should be. Willow doesn't wanna believe that. And now she's messing with dark forces that wanna hurt her. All of us.
Xander: I just... I've had blood on my hands all day. Blood from people I love.
Buffy: I know. And now it has to stop. Warren is going to get what he deserves, I promise! But I will not let Willow destroy herself.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.