First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Main Characters in this Episode
Rack: The Slayer is the least of your troubles.
Warren Meers: Okay... then let's talk about my skin troubles. On a scale of one to ten, I'd say they rank!
Rack: If I were you, I'd worry about the witch.
Warren Meers: Which witch? What... who are you talking about?
Rack: Willow. The Slayer's pal. She's the new power in this town, anyone with intuition can feel it. She is going to blow this whole town apart starting... with you.
Warren Meers: Me? What did I do to her?
Warren Meers: Okay... I know. I shot her friend.
Rack: I feel death.
Warren Meers: But the Slayer is alive. She heals!
Rack: Maybe, but someone else is stone-cold dead because of you. That is why the witch wants your head. She can feel your essence. It's only a matter of time before she finds you.
Warren Meers: [gives Rack a bundle full of cash] Here! This is all the money I have on me and I can get more. Please! Give me some magic and devices to deal with Willow!
Rack: Hide or fight?
Warren Meers: Both. All if it. I have a few tricks and gaggets up my sleeve, but it's not enough. What I need is a cover spell and plenty of firepower.
Rack: I'll give you what you want, but I can't promise anything. Not this time. A scorned witch's powers are greater then anything in the universe. I'm telling you... this girl after you is running on pure fury. I've never felt anything like it.
Warren Meers: [intimidated] Thanks for the tip, Nostradamus. Just load me up.
Buffy: [still trying to find her] Willow! Don't do it!
Warren Meers: Oh, and when you get caught... you'll lose them too. Your friends. You don't want that. I know you're in pain, but...
Willow Rosenberg: Bored now.
Xander: Oh, my God.
Buffy: What did you do? Willow, what did you do?
Willow Rosenberg: One down...
Anya: Got a power boost and took off.
Xander: Anya's... Anya was saying she knows where Willow is.
Buffy: A spell?
Xander: Not exactly. Seems Anya got her vengeance on again.
Buffy: [shocked] Oh.
Xander: So, Willow's all wrathy. Why don't you go to her? Isn't that your gig?
Anya: Normally I'd have to. But she doesn't want me.
Buffy: She wants to do it herself.
Buffy: Look Anya, we don't have much time. Which side of this are you on?
Xander: If you know where she is, you can help us.
Anya: [stands up and looks determined] I'll help. But, I'm helping Willow.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.