First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Main Characters in this Episode
Rack: The Slayer is the least of your troubles.
Warren Meers: Okay... then let's talk about my skin troubles. On a scale of one to ten, I'd say they rank!
Rack: If I were you, I'd worry about the witch.
Warren Meers: Which witch? What... who are you talking about?
Rack: Willow. The Slayer's pal. She's the new power in this town, anyone with intuition can feel it. She is going to blow this whole town apart starting... with you.
Warren Meers: Me? What did I do to her?
Warren Meers: Okay... I know. I shot her friend.
Rack: I feel death.
Warren Meers: But the Slayer is alive. She heals!
Rack: Maybe, but someone else is stone-cold dead because of you. That is why the witch wants your head. She can feel your essence. It's only a matter of time before she finds you.
Warren Meers: [gives Rack a bundle full of cash] Here! This is all the money I have on me and I can get more. Please! Give me some magic and devices to deal with Willow!
Rack: Hide or fight?
Warren Meers: Both. All if it. I have a few tricks and gaggets up my sleeve, but it's not enough. What I need is a cover spell and plenty of firepower.
Rack: I'll give you what you want, but I can't promise anything. Not this time. A scorned witch's powers are greater then anything in the universe. I'm telling you... this girl after you is running on pure fury. I've never felt anything like it.
Warren Meers: [intimidated] Thanks for the tip, Nostradamus. Just load me up.
Spike: Did you do these finger paintings? I must say, that's pretty impressive work.
Cave Demon: Answer me.
Spike: Yeah... I seek you.
Cave Demon: Something about a woman... the Slayer.
Spike: The bitch think's she's better then me. Ever since I got this bleeding chip in my head, things haven't been right.
Cave Demon: And now... you want to return to your former self?
Cave Demon: Look at what she's reduced you to. You were a legengary dark warrior and you let yourself be castrated.
Spike: It's this bloody chip...
Cave Demon: You were a fear to be reckoned with, and now you have the audacity to crawl in here and demand restoration?
Spike: I am still a warrior.
Cave Demon: You're a pathetic excuse for a demon!
Spike: Oh, yeah? I'll show you pathetic! Put 'em up! Give me your best shot!
Cave Demon: [after a pause] You'd never survive the trials required to grant your request.
Spike: Do your worst! But when this is all over and I've won... I want what I came here for. I will give Buffy what she deserves. When I return to Sunnydale, that bitch is gonna see a change.
Willow Rosenberg: You're going to die tonight, Warren.
Warren Meers: [nervous] Why? What'd I ever do to you?
Willow Rosenberg: That shooting spree this morning?
Warren Meers: [remembers] Oh... that. It was an accident, you know? You have to belive me. It really was an accident.
Willow Rosenberg: Oh? So you're saying that instead of killing my best friend, Buffy, you happened to kill my girlfriend, Tara.
Warren Meers: It... it wasn't personal.
Willow Rosenberg: Well, this is!
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.