First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Buffy: [still trying to find her] Willow! Don't do it!
Warren Meers: Oh, and when you get caught, you'll lose them too. Your friends. You don't want that. I know you're in pain, but...
Willow Rosenberg: Bored now. [With a hand gesture, she flays Warren alive]
Rack: How did you find me?
Warren Meers: I ran into one of your regulars out on the street. He told me all about you. I bribed him 20 bucks to give me directions to this place.
Rack: You should have haggled. Most of my customers would have brought you here for only five.
Warren Meers: Yeah... I'll try to remember that next time. Look... I tried to do all of us a favor and kill the Slayer this morning, but I think I goofed.
Rack: Killing a Slayer? That's big business for a kid.
Warren Meers: I'm not a kid! I had my own group. The Trio. You ever hear of us?
Rack: What were you? A band or something?
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Buffy mentions a couple of times that, "We don't kill humans." But, in season 5, "Spiral" is when the Knights of Byzantium attack Buffy and friends on the bus, and she kills a number of them. They were humans.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- SPOILER: When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).
- Anya says to Xander, "I'll help. But I'm helping Willow," showing her finally thinking of Willow as a true friend. Their friendship took longer to develop, as they were often at odds throughout the series because Willow did not think Anya would change from being a demon. This is Anya's way of showing she understands as a scorned woman what Willow is going through and that their friendship is still as strong as ever.
- SPOILER: While everyone believed Warren was dead, he was kept alive by Amy Madison in the comics. This has led many to question The First taking on Warren's form to which Joss Whedon himself has said he may have made a mistake.
- SPOILER: When Rack tells Warren that Buffy is the least of his problems, he sarcastically responds "You're right. I'm sorry. Let's talk about my skin troubles", an ironic foreshadowing of his death.
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.