First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Watch Episode On:- Hulu Plus (subscription)
- Amazon Prime (subscription)
- iTunes (purchase)
- Amazon (purchase)
- VUDU (purchase)
- YouTube (purchase)
Xander: Yeah, she's really off the wagon, big-time. Warren's a dead man if she finds him.
Dawn: [bitterly] Good!
Buffy: Dawn, don't say that.
Dawn: Why not? I'd do it myself if I could.
Buffy: Because you don't really feel that way.
Dawn: Yes, I do! And you should too. He killed Tara, and he nearly killed you. He needs to pay!
Xander: [nods with approval] Out of the mouths of babes.
Xander: I'm just saying he's... he's just as bad as any murderous vampire you've sent to dustville.
Buffy: Being a Slayer doesn't give me a license to kill. Warren's human.
Dawn: [scoffs] So?
Buffy: So the human world has its own rules for dealing with people like him.
Xander: Yeah, and we all know how well those rules work.
Buffy: Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. Look... we can't control the universe. If we were supposed to... then the magic wouldn't change Willow the way it does. And... we'd be able to bring Tara back.
Dawn: [quietly] And Mom.
Buffy: There are limits to what we can do. There should be. Willow doesn't wanna believe that. And now she's messing with dark forces that wanna hurt her. All of us.
Xander: I just... I've had blood on my hands all day. Blood from people I love.
Buffy: I know. And now it has to stop. Warren is going to get what he deserves, I promise! But I will not let Willow destroy herself.
Willow Rosenberg: How can you say that? Tara is dead!
Buffy: I know, I know. And... I can't understand anything. Not what happened, and... and not what you must be going through. Willow, if you do this, you let Warren destroy you, too. Kill him and you become him.
Xander: In any case, you said it yourself, Wil, the magic's too strong. There's no coming back from it.
Willow Rosenberg: I'm not coming back.
Buffy: Wil, please. Please, we'll get through this together.
Willow Rosenberg: No, we won't. Not your way.
Buffy: Please, just... let's go home. We'll talk about what...
Willow Rosenberg: [interupting] No! No more talking. Warren murdered Tara. For that he's going down... for good.
Buffy: Willow, don't! I'm begging you, don't do this!
Willow Rosenberg: It's done!
Rack: The Slayer is the least of your troubles.
Warren Meers: Okay... then let's talk about my skin troubles. On a scale of one to ten, I'd say they rank!
Rack: If I were you, I'd worry about the witch.
Warren Meers: Which witch? What... who are you talking about?
Rack: Willow. The Slayer's pal. She's the new power in this town, anyone with intuition can feel it. She is going to blow this whole town apart starting... with you.
Warren Meers: Me? What did I do to her?
Warren Meers: Okay... I know. I shot her friend.
Rack: I feel death.
Warren Meers: But the Slayer is alive. She heals!
Rack: Maybe, but someone else is stone-cold dead because of you. That is why the witch wants your head. She can feel your essence. It's only a matter of time before she finds you.
Warren Meers: [gives Rack a bundle full of cash] Here! This is all the money I have on me and I can get more. Please! Give me some magic and devices to deal with Willow!
Rack: Hide or fight?
Warren Meers: Both. All if it. I have a few tricks and gaggets up my sleeve, but it's not enough. What I need is a cover spell and plenty of firepower.
Rack: I'll give you what you want, but I can't promise anything. Not this time. A scorned witch's powers are greater then anything in the universe. I'm telling you... this girl after you is running on pure fury. I've never felt anything like it.
Warren Meers: [intimidated] Thanks for the tip, Nostradamus. Just load me up.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.
- When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).