First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Main Characters in this Episode
Anya: Got a power boost and took off.
Xander: Anya's... Anya was saying she knows where Willow is.
Buffy: A spell?
Xander: Not exactly. Seems Anya got her vengeance on again.
Buffy: [shocked] Oh.
Xander: So, Willow's all wrathy. Why don't you go to her? Isn't that your gig?
Anya: Normally I'd have to. But she doesn't want me.
Buffy: She wants to do it herself.
Buffy: Look Anya, we don't have much time. Which side of this are you on?
Xander: If you know where she is, you can help us.
Anya: [stands up and looks determined] I'll help. But, I'm helping Willow.
Spike: Did you do these finger paintings? I must say, that's pretty impressive work.
Cave Demon: Answer me.
Spike: Yeah... I seek you.
Cave Demon: Something about a woman... the Slayer.
Spike: The bitch think's she's better then me. Ever since I got this bleeding chip in my head, things haven't been right.
Cave Demon: And now... you want to return to your former self?
Cave Demon: Look at what she's reduced you to. You were a legengary dark warrior and you let yourself be castrated.
Spike: It's this bloody chip...
Cave Demon: You were a fear to be reckoned with, and now you have the audacity to crawl in here and demand restoration?
Spike: I am still a warrior.
Cave Demon: You're a pathetic excuse for a demon!
Spike: Oh, yeah? I'll show you pathetic! Put 'em up! Give me your best shot!
Cave Demon: [after a pause] You'd never survive the trials required to grant your request.
Spike: Do your worst! But when this is all over and I've won... I want what I came here for. I will give Buffy what she deserves. When I return to Sunnydale, that bitch is gonna see a change.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.
- When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).