First Aired: May. 14, 2002 on UPN
Summary: In the aftermath of the vengeful Warren's assassination attempt, Buffy tries to recover from a severe gunshot wound, while Tara is also hit and dies. Willow, consumed by wrath and rage over Tara's murder, consumes herself with deadly black magic from the Magic Box which physically…
Watch Episode On:- Hulu Plus (subscription)
- Amazon Prime (subscription)
- iTunes (purchase)
- Amazon (purchase)
- VUDU (purchase)
- YouTube (purchase)
Spike: Did you do these finger paintings? I must say, that's pretty impressive work.
Cave Demon: Answer me.
Spike: Yeah... I seek you.
Cave Demon: Something about a woman... the Slayer.
Spike: The bitch think's she's better then me. Ever since I got this bleeding chip in my head, things haven't been right.
Cave Demon: And now... you want to return to your former self?
Cave Demon: Look at what she's reduced you to. You were a legengary dark warrior and you let yourself be castrated.
Spike: It's this bloody chip...
Cave Demon: You were a fear to be reckoned with, and now you have the audacity to crawl in here and demand restoration?
Spike: I am still a warrior.
Cave Demon: You're a pathetic excuse for a demon!
Spike: Oh, yeah? I'll show you pathetic! Put 'em up! Give me your best shot!
Cave Demon: [after a pause] You'd never survive the trials required to grant your request.
Spike: Do your worst! But when this is all over and I've won... I want what I came here for. I will give Buffy what she deserves. When I return to Sunnydale, that bitch is gonna see a change.
Buffy: [still trying to find her] Willow! Don't do it!
Warren Meers: Oh, and when you get caught... you'll lose them too. Your friends. You don't want that. I know you're in pain, but...
Willow Rosenberg: Bored now.
Xander: Oh, my God.
Buffy: What did you do? Willow, what did you do?
Willow Rosenberg: One down...
Anya: I know. Tara. She's dead.
Xander: Yeah. Willow's out for blood, big time. We need to find her before she finds Warren. Is there something you can do? A... a locator spell?
Anya: [hesitates] I don't need a spell. I can feel her.
Xander: You can... huh?
Anya: Feel her. Her thirst for vengeance... it's overwhelming.
Xander: Is that, like, left over from your vengeance demon days? This sensor?
Anya: No. Not left over.
Anya: [bitterly] When do you think?
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the shots of vines ensnaring Warren's legs, you can see a leaf-strewn tarp shifting around underfoot in place of an actual forest floor.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood spatters on Willow's shirt change thickness and pattern throughout the entire episode.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Willow is walking through the forest tracking Warren, ropes can be seen pulling the trees back as she walks by.
- When Willow says "Bored now" before exacting her revenge, she is making a reference to the alternative universe vampire Willow, who used this as her catchphrase (possibly hinting at the new Willow losing her conscience and being more like the vampire alter-ego).
- Although "Seeing Red" is generally believed to have been Amber Benson's last episode of BtVS, she appears briefly in this episode, playing the corpse of Tara. When filming was done, Joss Whedon and the cast presented Benson with a tombstone-shaped cake to commemorate her final scene.