6x08 Tabula Rasa
First Aired: Nov. 13, 2001 on UPN
Summary: Buffy and her friends all lose their memories and forget who they are when a spell that Willow casts goes horribly wrong. They decide to take on new identities, but slowly begin figuring out who they really are and what it is that they do.
Main Characters in this Episode
Teeth: Time, time, time! Is what turns kittens into cats!
Spike: Dad can drive. He's bound to have some classic mid-life crisis transport. Something red, shiny, shaped like a penis.
Xander Harris: [Looks at his wallet] It's me! 'Alexander Harris.' Cute picture. [holds it up to them] Hey, I exist!
- Goof (revealing mistake): When a "henchvamp" shoves Spike up against a bookcase in the Magic Box, both vampires are reflected in the glass of the case's doors, and later the vampires lurking outside are reflected in the shop's front window.
- Goof (plot holes): Everyone seems to figure out who they are by looking at their driver's licenses or school ID cards, but no one has looked at their reflections to see if they match the pictures on the IDs.
- Goof (continuity error): When the vampires storm into the Magic Box and everyone is clinging to each other, in some shots Giles is holding Anya with her back against his front, and in other shots she has her arms wrapped around him with her front against his.
- This is the first time Michelle Branch appears singing 'Goodbye To You'. The second time is on 'Charmed'.
- The neighborhood Buffy and Spike fight in is the Desperate Housewives neighborhood set (also used in the film The 'Burbs).
- When Spike realizes he is a vampire, as well as deciding that (like Angel) he must be "a vampire with a soul", on a "mission of redemption", he claims that: "I help the helpless". "We help the helpless" is the slogan of Angel Investigations in the spin-off series Angel.