1x09 The Man in the Fallout Shelter
First Aired: Dec. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: When construction workers find human remains in a 1950s fallout shelter, the skeleton is brought to the Jeffersonian for identification. As Zack cuts into the bone, deadly spores are released leading to the quarantine of the lab over Christmas. While everyone else tries to keep the holiday…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Jack Hodgins: It's a robot!
Dr. Temperance Brennan: The man upstairs?
Special Agent Seeley Booth: Hm. You know, you don't know if you're sick, but you're more than willing to take drugs just in case. Seems to me you should give the man upstairs the same benefit of the doubt that you do an invisible fungus.
- Goof (continuity error): When Dr. Brennan is looking at her microscope, Booth approaches her and takes one of the photographs next to the microscope and turns it face down. After the close-up shot of Brennan, the photo is shown face up.
- Goof (factual errors): When Booth was injected with the antifungal drug (stated to be amphotericin B), the medicine didn't have enough time to be dispersed into his blood stream - he wouldn't have been affected by the medicine that quickly. The injectable portion (amphotericin B) of the regimen would be given by slow intravenous infusion, not by intramuscular injection into the gluteal musculature as portrayed.
- Goof (continuity error): When Booth leaves the Lab he is carrying his coat and nothing else. Later on, at Wong Foo's, he gives the robot that Zack made to Parker.
- Goof (continuity error): Lionel Little bought his wedding suit in November 1958 but later when they discuss the missing persons report, Booth claims that it was filed in January 1960.
- Goof (continuity error): When Angela is asking for Brennan's help to make Christmas, the straps on Brennan's top and bra change positions between the long overhead shots and the close-up shots.