First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Temperance Brennan: You know I'm no good at that.
Dr. Daniel Goodman: Hmmm. Thus far. But you have a disturbingly steep learning curve.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Booth picks Brennan up she has bags with her but when he finally pulls over, after her telling him to, she gets out of the car, to leave, without any bags.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): At some point, Hodgins refers to a "Peruvian soccer team stranded in the Andes", who had to eat their dead in order to survive after a plane crash. In fact, it was a Uruguayan rugby team who lived those events.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Brennan and Booth are interviewing Oliver Laurier in his apartment, a crew member can be seen in the doorway behind Brennan in some shots.
- Goof (factual errors): During Cleo's graveside service, the minister is reading "The Prayer of St. Francis" from the Bible. Although well known, it is not a part of the Bible and was first published around 1912.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.