First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Main Characters in this Episode
Angela Montenegro: She didn't actually say where she was going, did she?
Special Agent Seeley Booth: It's like pornography - you'll know when you see it.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): At some point, Hodgins refers to a "Peruvian soccer team stranded in the Andes", who had to eat their dead in order to survive after a plane crash. In fact, it was a Uruguayan rugby team who lived those events.
- Goof (continuity error): At the graveside ceremony, Dr. Brennan lays a rose on the casket on top of several other roses (at least 2); she then walks away and is joined by Agent Booth for a conversation. They then both turn to watch as the parents lay the first two roses on the casket. The producers do not mention this reversal in the commentary, but it can be assumed the shots were originally intended to be in a different order.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Booth picks Brennan up she has bags with her but when he finally pulls over, after her telling him to, she gets out of the car, to leave, without any bags.
- Goof (errors in geography): The show seems to use the same stock shot of the characters black SUV cruising around 4th street every time they go out and more then a couple times it can clearly be seen going around in circles. Locations such as Adams Morgan, Cleveland Park, Rockville, Dupont Circle seem to be picked out of a hat and when shown appear nothing like they do in real life.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.