First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Guest Stars[no credits found]
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Squints?
Special Agent Seeley Booth: You know, you squint at things.
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Oh, you mean people with high IQ's and basic reasoning skill?
Special Agent Seeley Booth: Yeah.
- Goof (factual errors): During Cleo's graveside service, the minister is reading "The Prayer of St. Francis" from the Bible. Although well known, it is not a part of the Bible and was first published around 1912.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Zach is taking photographs of the corpse, the video footage is clearly mirrored horizontally, as can be seen by the positions and letters on the patches on his jacket.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Brennan and Booth are interviewing Oliver Laurier in his apartment, a crew member can be seen in the doorway behind Brennan in some shots.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): At some point, Hodgins refers to a "Peruvian soccer team stranded in the Andes", who had to eat their dead in order to survive after a plane crash. In fact, it was a Uruguayan rugby team who lived those events.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.
- The scene at the beginning of the episode, where Bones gets taken into custody at the airport, was actually filmed in the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.