First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Guest Stars[no credits found]
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Don't call me Bones, and I do more than identify.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): At some point, Hodgins refers to a "Peruvian soccer team stranded in the Andes", who had to eat their dead in order to survive after a plane crash. In fact, it was a Uruguayan rugby team who lived those events.
- Goof (errors in geography): At start of episode, a plane is shown touching down in an airport with the Nation's Capitol in DC visible in background; the scene is identified as Dulles International Airport. The Capitol is not visible during landing at Dulles Airport. Both the landing sequence and later shots inside the airport appear to be Reagan National Airport, which would be more likely given its proximity to later events.
- Goof (continuity error): At the graveside ceremony, Dr. Brennan lays a rose on the casket on top of several other roses (at least 2); she then walks away and is joined by Agent Booth for a conversation. They then both turn to watch as the parents lay the first two roses on the casket. The producers do not mention this reversal in the commentary, but it can be assumed the shots were originally intended to be in a different order.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Zach is taking photographs of the corpse, the video footage is clearly mirrored horizontally, as can be seen by the positions and letters on the patches on his jacket.
- Goof (errors in geography): The show seems to use the same stock shot of the characters black SUV cruising around 4th street every time they go out and more then a couple times it can clearly be seen going around in circles. Locations such as Adams Morgan, Cleveland Park, Rockville, Dupont Circle seem to be picked out of a hat and when shown appear nothing like they do in real life.
- The scene at the beginning of the episode, where Bones gets taken into custody at the airport, was actually filmed in the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.