First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Main Characters in this Episode
Angela Montenegro: She didn't actually say where she was going, did she?
Dr. Temperance Brennan: It's not magic. It's a logical recreation of events based on evidence.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Zach is taking photographs of the corpse, the video footage is clearly mirrored horizontally, as can be seen by the positions and letters on the patches on his jacket.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end when Brennan is celebrating with the squints in the lab she realizes that the fish kept by the senator's lawyer are the key to the case. She exclaims "Fish!" and from the medium shot Zach is seen looking in her direction. It cuts to the long shot and Zach is seen again looking in her direction for the second time.
- Goof (errors in geography): The show seems to use the same stock shot of the characters black SUV cruising around 4th street every time they go out and more then a couple times it can clearly be seen going around in circles. Locations such as Adams Morgan, Cleveland Park, Rockville, Dupont Circle seem to be picked out of a hat and when shown appear nothing like they do in real life.
- Goof (revealing mistake): As Bones leaves the firing range, Booth fires 2 shots at the target. When they show the target from behind, you see Booth in the background but the holes in the target are entry holes fired from behind the target as it appears.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.