First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Full participation in the case.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: Fine.
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Not just lab work. Everything.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
Dr. Temperance Brennan: I don't know what that means.
- Goof (factual errors): During Cleo's graveside service, the minister is reading "The Prayer of St. Francis" from the Bible. Although well known, it is not a part of the Bible and was first published around 1912.
- Goof (continuity error): At the graveside ceremony, Dr. Brennan lays a rose on the casket on top of several other roses (at least 2); she then walks away and is joined by Agent Booth for a conversation. They then both turn to watch as the parents lay the first two roses on the casket. The producers do not mention this reversal in the commentary, but it can be assumed the shots were originally intended to be in a different order.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Brennan and Booth are interviewing Oliver Laurier in his apartment, a crew member can be seen in the doorway behind Brennan in some shots.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end when Brennan is celebrating with the squints in the lab she realizes that the fish kept by the senator's lawyer are the key to the case. She exclaims "Fish!" and from the medium shot Zach is seen looking in her direction. It cuts to the long shot and Zach is seen again looking in her direction for the second time.
- During Cleo Eller's funeral, the priest is reciting the Prayer of Saint Francis of Assissi. The entire prayer is "Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life."
- SPOILER: At one point, Booth and Bones are talking in the rose garden and they're talking about Booth having all his ducks in a row and Bones says that she can be a duck. Later, when Booth and Bones are getting married (in the same spot as this conversation) Bones tells this story in her vows.
- When Booth and Bones first arrive at the crime scene, Zack is getting his gear out of a large trailer with the logo "Medico-Legal, Jeffersonian Anthropology Unit" all over. While this is to give the impression the Jeffersonian has done this before, Medico-Legal is actually Bones' office in Montreal in the book series. In the US, Tempe works for the ME's office.
- The scene at the beginning of the episode, where Bones is taken into custody at the airport, was actually filmed in the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Brennan wears a necklace with a hamsa on it in the beginning of the episode.