First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Main Characters in this Episode
Special Agent Seeley Booth: Me? I'm condescending? I'm not the one who has to mention that she's got a doctorate every 5 minutes
Dr. Temperance Brennan: I am the one with the doctorate
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Blackmail you.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: Blackmail a federal agent.
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Yes.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: I don't like it.
Dr. Temperance Brennan: I'm fairly certain you're not supposed to.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: Fine. You're in.
- Goof (factual errors): During Cleo's graveside service, the minister is reading "The Prayer of St. Francis" from the Bible. Although well known, it is not a part of the Bible and was first published around 1912.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end when Brennan is celebrating with the squints in the lab she realizes that the fish kept by the senator's lawyer are the key to the case. She exclaims "Fish!" and from the medium shot Zach is seen looking in her direction. It cuts to the long shot and Zach is seen again looking in her direction for the second time.
- Goof (continuity error): At the graveside ceremony, Dr. Brennan lays a rose on the casket on top of several other roses (at least 2); she then walks away and is joined by Agent Booth for a conversation. They then both turn to watch as the parents lay the first two roses on the casket. The producers do not mention this reversal in the commentary, but it can be assumed the shots were originally intended to be in a different order.
- Goof (errors in geography): At start of episode, a plane is shown touching down in an airport with the Nation's Capitol in DC visible in background; the scene is identified as Dulles International Airport. The Capitol is not visible during landing at Dulles Airport. Both the landing sequence and later shots inside the airport appear to be Reagan National Airport, which would be more likely given its proximity to later events.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Brennan and Booth are interviewing Oliver Laurier in his apartment, a crew member can be seen in the doorway behind Brennan in some shots.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.