First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Angela Montenegro: She didn't actually say where she was going, did she?
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Arlington National Cemetery is full of decomposed corpses. It's... a cemetery.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (errors in geography): At start of episode, a plane is shown touching down in an airport with the Nation's Capitol in DC visible in background; the scene is identified as Dulles International Airport. The Capitol is not visible during landing at Dulles Airport. Both the landing sequence and later shots inside the airport appear to be Reagan National Airport, which would be more likely given its proximity to later events.
- Goof (continuity error): At the graveside ceremony, Dr. Brennan lays a rose on the casket on top of several other roses (at least 2); she then walks away and is joined by Agent Booth for a conversation. They then both turn to watch as the parents lay the first two roses on the casket. The producers do not mention this reversal in the commentary, but it can be assumed the shots were originally intended to be in a different order.
- Goof (revealing mistake): As Bones leaves the firing range, Booth fires 2 shots at the target. When they show the target from behind, you see Booth in the background but the holes in the target are entry holes fired from behind the target as it appears.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Booth picks Brennan up she has bags with her but when he finally pulls over, after her telling him to, she gets out of the car, to leave, without any bags.
- The scene at the beginning of the episode, where Bones is taken into custody at the airport, was actually filmed in the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- SPOILER: At one point, Booth and Bones are talking in the rose garden and they're talking about Booth having all his ducks in a row and Bones says that she can be a duck. Later, when Booth and Bones are getting married (in the same spot as this conversation) Bones tells this story in her vows.
- When Booth and Bones first arrive at the crime scene, Zack is getting his gear out of a large trailer with the logo "Medico-Legal, Jeffersonian Anthropology Unit" all over. While this is to give the impression the Jeffersonian has done this before, Medico-Legal is actually Bones' office in Montreal in the book series. In the US, Tempe works for the ME's office.
- Brennan wears a necklace with a hamsa on it in the beginning of the episode.
- When Booth and Brennan are at the firing range, and Booth shoots the target with Brennan's gun, Booth closes one eye- his right eye. Therefore his line of aim is not on the sight path, causing him to miss the target. When Brennan walks out and Booth shoots the target with his own gun, both of his eyes are open, which is the proper aiming technique taught in the FBI Academy.