First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Watch Episode On:
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Temperance Brennan: FISH!
Special Agent Seeley Booth:
What do you want, to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.Dr. Temperance Brennan:
I don't know what that means
- Goof (revealing mistake): As Bones leaves the firing range, Booth fires 2 shots at the target. When they show the target from behind, you see Booth in the background but the holes in the target are entry holes fired from behind the target as it appears.
- Goof (errors in geography): The show seems to use the same stock shot of the characters black SUV cruising around 4th street every time they go out and more then a couple times it can clearly be seen going around in circles. Locations such as Adams Morgan, Cleveland Park, Rockville, Dupont Circle seem to be picked out of a hat and when shown appear nothing like they do in real life.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Brennan and Booth are interviewing Oliver Laurier in his apartment, a crew member can be seen in the doorway behind Brennan in some shots.
- Goof (errors in geography): At start of episode, a plane is shown touching down in an airport with the Nation's Capitol in DC visible in background; the scene is identified as Dulles International Airport. The Capitol is not visible during landing at Dulles Airport. Both the landing sequence and later shots inside the airport appear to be Reagan National Airport, which would be more likely given its proximity to later events.
- Goof (continuity error): At the graveside ceremony, Dr. Brennan lays a rose on the casket on top of several other roses (at least 2); she then walks away and is joined by Agent Booth for a conversation. They then both turn to watch as the parents lay the first two roses on the casket. The producers do not mention this reversal in the commentary, but it can be assumed the shots were originally intended to be in a different order.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.
- The scene at the beginning of the episode, where Bones gets taken into custody at the airport, was actually filmed in the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- SPOILER: At one point, Booth and Bones are talking in the rose garden and they're talking about Booth having all his ducks in a row and Bones says that she can be a duck. Later, when Booth and Bones are getting married (in the same spot as this conversation) Bones tells this story in her vows.
- When Booth and Brennan are at the firing range, and Booth shoots the target with Brennan's gun, Booth closes one eye- his right eye. Therefore his line of aim is not on the sight path, causing him to miss the target. When Brennan walks out and Booth shoots the target with his own gun, both of his eyes are open, which is the proper aiming technique taught in the FBI Academy.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.