First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Special Agent Seeley Booth: It's like pornography - you'll know when you see it.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (factual errors): During Cleo's graveside service, the minister is reading "The Prayer of St. Francis" from the Bible. Although well known, it is not a part of the Bible and was first published around 1912.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end when Brennan is celebrating with the squints in the lab she realizes that the fish kept by the senator's lawyer are the key to the case. She exclaims "Fish!" and from the medium shot Zach is seen looking in her direction. It cuts to the long shot and Zach is seen again looking in her direction for the second time.
- Goof (revealing mistake): As Bones leaves the firing range, Booth fires 2 shots at the target. When they show the target from behind, you see Booth in the background but the holes in the target are entry holes fired from behind the target as it appears.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Booth picks Brennan up she has bags with her but when he finally pulls over, after her telling him to, she gets out of the car, to leave, without any bags.
- When Booth and Bones first arrive at the crime scene, Zack is getting his gear out of a large trailer with the logo "Medico-Legal, Jeffersonian Anthropology Unit" all over. While this is to give the impression the Jeffersonian has done this before, Medico-Legal is actually Bones' office in Montreal in the book series. In the US, Tempe works for the ME's office.
- SPOILER: At one point, Booth and Bones are talking in the rose garden and they're talking about Booth having all his ducks in a row and Bones says that she can be a duck. Later, when Booth and Bones are getting married (in the same spot as this conversation) Bones tells this story in her vows.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.
- When Booth and Brennan are at the firing range, and Booth shoots the target with Brennan's gun, Booth closes one eye- his right eye. Therefore his line of aim is not on the sight path, causing him to miss the target. When Brennan walks out and Booth shoots the target with his own gun, both of his eyes are open, which is the proper aiming technique taught in the FBI Academy.
- The scene at the beginning of the episode, where Bones is taken into custody at the airport, was actually filmed in the Los Angeles Convention Center.