First Aired: Sep. 13, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Seeley Booth requests the help of Dr. Temperance Brennan, a top forensic anthropologist, to help provide information when skeletal remains are found in the bottom of a lake. With help from her team of specialists, Brennan determines the body is that of an aide to a Washington…
Dr. Temperance Brennan: Don't call me Bones, and I do more than identify.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: It's like pornography - you'll know when you see it.
- Goof (continuity error): As Angela is asking the airline agent for assistance, she rips open her blouse, but as she greets Brennan a few seconds later, her shirt is buttoned/snapped back up.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Brennan and Booth are interviewing Oliver Laurier in his apartment, a crew member can be seen in the doorway behind Brennan in some shots.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Booth picks Brennan up she has bags with her but when he finally pulls over, after her telling him to, she gets out of the car, to leave, without any bags.
- Goof (errors in geography): At start of episode, a plane is shown touching down in an airport with the Nation's Capitol in DC visible in background; the scene is identified as Dulles International Airport. The Capitol is not visible during landing at Dulles Airport. Both the landing sequence and later shots inside the airport appear to be Reagan National Airport, which would be more likely given its proximity to later events.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end when Brennan is celebrating with the squints in the lab she realizes that the fish kept by the senator's lawyer are the key to the case. She exclaims "Fish!" and from the medium shot Zach is seen looking in her direction. It cuts to the long shot and Zach is seen again looking in her direction for the second time.
- While trying to convince Booth to let her have full participation in the case, Brennan says the nearest forensic anthropologist after her is in Montreal. The Brennan character in Kathy Reichs' novels, after whom the character in the show is named, works in Quebec.
- SPOILER: In the opening scene, it says that the plane is landing at Dulles International, but the airport is Washington Reagan.
- Brennan wears a necklace with a hamsa on it in the beginning of the episode.
- The show has been moved to over 6 different time slots since it premiere, having aired in every week night.
- When Booth and Brennan are at the firing range, and Booth shoots the target with Brennan's gun, Booth closes one eye- his right eye. Therefore his line of aim is not on the sight path, causing him to miss the target. When Brennan walks out and Booth shoots the target with his own gun, both of his eyes are open, which is the proper aiming technique taught in the FBI Academy.