The Cartwright's thousand-square-mile Ponderosa Ranch is located near Virginia City, Nevada, site of the Comstock Silver Lode, during and after the Civil War. Each of the sons was born to a different wife of Ben's; none of the mothers is still alive. Adventures are typical western ones, with lots of personal relationships/problems thrown in as well
Bonanza Season 12 (1970-1971)
|12x01 The Night Virginia City Died |
- Roy Coffey and Clem are on a search for an arsonist, who is torching ranches around Virginia City. Clem is devastated to discover that his fiancée, Janine is a prime susp ...
|Sep. 13, 1970|
|12x02 A Matter of Faith |
- The Cartwrights discover that their friend Dusty Rhoades has taken in a young boy, who's father was a slain rainmaker.
|Sep. 20, 1970|
|12x03 The Weary Willies |
- The Cartwrights discover how much trouble that ex-Civil War veterans are having, trying to resume their former lives.
|Sep. 27, 1970|
|12x04 The Wagon |
- Hoss escapes from a prison wagon, along with a woman who he believes is innocent of her alleged crime, after he is arrested by a sheriff who doesn't seem to care if he is innocent ...
|Oct. 04, 1970|
|12x05 The Power of Life and Death |
- Ben and Joe play a game of cat and mouse when they chase down a man through the desert, who has shot a Colonel. When they find the man hiding near a watering hole, Ben is unexpectedly ...
|Oct. 11, 1970|
|12x06 Gideon, the Good |
- Joe gets himself in danger when he searches for a woman that he witnessed having killed a man. Unsure of who the killer is, he recognizes her picture as being the wife of the ...
|Oct. 18, 1970|
|12x07 The Trouble with Trouble |
- Hoss has his hands full when he volunteers to be the acting Sheriff for a town named Trouble. But he seems to have bitten off more than he can chew when he ends up arresting ...
|Oct. 25, 1970|
|12x08 Thornton's Account |
- Joe frantically searches for help when Ben injures his back after his new horse throws him down a steep hill.
|Nov. 01, 1970|
|12x09 The Love Child |
- A father rejects his dying daughter because she had a child out of wedlock. Worse he rejects his grandson as well.
|Nov. 08, 1970|
|12x10 El Jefe |
- When a greedy miner owner in the town of Prince River forces Mexican farmers off their land, Hoss and Joe come to tgheir rescue.
|Nov. 15, 1970|
|12x11 The Luck of Pepper Shannon |
- Ben gives a job at the Ponderosa to Pepper Shannon, a one-time hero and outlaw made famous in dime novels, on the condition he stays away from Jamie, an admirer of his.
|Nov. 22, 1970|
|12x12 The Impostors |
- Hoss and Joe pretend to be part of a gang that robbed a stage coach, but are in danger of being outed when a wife of one of the thieves shows up in town.
|Dec. 13, 1970|
|12x13 Honest John |
- Jamie befriends an old man known as 'Honest John' and his crow, and urges John to rebuild an old wagon so they can leave the Ponderosa.
|Dec. 20, 1970|
|12x14 For a Young Lady |
- The aunt and uncle of a young girl want to gain custody of her because they believe that she holds the rights to a gold mine.
|Dec. 27, 1970|
|12x15 A Single Pilgrim |
- When Hoss is accidentally shot, the two settlers from Virginia argue over what to do with him.
|Jan. 03, 1971|
|12x16 The Gold-Plated Rifle |
- Ben searches for Jamie after he breaks a very special rifle he was told to never touch.
|Jan. 10, 1971|
|12x17 Top Hand |
- A battle over who will be trail boss on a big cattle drive ensues when the Cartwrights pick Kelly, a former ranch hand on the Ponderosa as their choice, but Mr. Weatherby knows ...
|Jan. 17, 1971|
|12x18 A Deck of Aces |
- A land deal with the railroad causes confusion when Bradley Meredith, a Ben Cartwright look-a-like, accepts a deal as Ben...a deal that he previously had turned down.
|Jan. 31, 1971|
|12x19 The Desperado |
- A fugitive black man holds Hoss hostage and has no problems killing a white man.
|Feb. 07, 1971|
|12x20 The Reluctant American |
- When the property of an English holding group shows little profit, the owners come from England to Nevada to see exactly why.
|Feb. 14, 1971|
|12x21 Shadow of a Hero |
- Ben discovers an Army general that he has supported as the next governor, is all for killing Indians.
|Feb. 21, 1971|
|12x22 The Silent Killer |
- When an influenza epidemic hits the Ponderosa, the wife of a doctor feels she knows what to do. But Doc Martin insists that the doctor is merely a fraud.
|Feb. 28, 1971|
|12x23 Terror at 2:00 |
- Three men, posing as newspaper reporters, plan on shooting down the whole town with a Gatling gun that they apprehended after killing the Army soldiers who were guarding it.
|Mar. 07, 1971|
|12x24 The Stillness Within |
- When Joe is blinded by an explosion, he falls into a summit of self pity. A woman tries to teach him how to survive now that he is sightless, much to his resistance, but he ...
|Mar. 14, 1971|
|12x25 A Time to Die |
- Ben helps an old friend, April Christopher and her daughter come to terms when April is bitten by a rabid wolf while visiting the Ponderosa.
|Mar. 21, 1971|
|12x26 Winter Kill |
- When a prized steer belonging to the Cartwrights gets killed by the foreman of a neighboring ranch owner, his scheming boss plans to take unfair advantage of their mistake.
|Mar. 28, 1971|
|12x27 Kingdom of Fear |
- An oppressive man known as "The Judge," collects slave labor for mining his gold veins. When the Cartwrights and Candy are captured trespassing on private property, they are ...
|Apr. 04, 1971|
|12x28 An Earthquake Called Callahan |
- Joe searches for a professional fighter who can clear the name of Dusty Rhoades, who is languishing in jail. But Tom Callahan refuses to ever step foot in Virginia City ever ...
|Apr. 11, 1971|
Season 12 Characters
Season 12 Videos[none added]
Season 12 Quotes
|Season 12 / Episode 19: - The Desperado|
Thad: [to Andy, interrupting his conversation with Little Joe] I told you to saddle my horse.
Andy: I did. He's in the stall.
Thad: Well, get 'im.
Joseph 'Little Joe' Cartwright: Now, wait a minute, mister. I'm talking to the man.
Andy: I'll be right back, Joe. [goes into the barn]
Thad: You see, he knows me. I mean , I whistle, and he runs. Now, that should tell you somethin'
Joseph 'Little Joe' Cartwright: Yeah... but you wouldn't want to hear it.
|Season 12 / Episode 19: - The Desperado|
Sheriff Solomon Budd: How much?
Thad: How much what?
Sheriff Solomon Budd: Reward. What's Daddy Ledbetter offerin' for Buck?
Thad: Two thousand. And he don't want no trial.
Sheriff Solomon Budd: I'm listenin'...
Thad: For what?
Sheriff Solomon Budd: The rest of it. Is that the price for one or both?
Thad: Two thousand, apiece.
Sheriff Solomon Budd: I knew it. You come chargin' up our trail like a cyclone wind, you're chasin' money.
Thad: Sonny Ledbetter was a friend of mine. AS a matter of fact, he was my best friend.
Sheriff Solomon Budd: Sure, as much a friend as you ever had. And that ain't much. Come to think of it, you two had a lot in common.
Thad: You know, I'm gonna remember what you said, sheriff, and one of these days, I'm gonna make you regret having said it.
Sheriff Solomon Budd: You do that. Nothin' like hate to keep a man awake. Your watch - I'm turnin' in.
Season 12 Trivia
» Back to Bonanza Wiki