3x10 The Passage
First Aired: Dec. 08, 2006 on SyFy
Summary: A food shortage leaves the fleet with no option but a dangerous passage through a radiation field to a planet they hope to harvest. A light shown on Kat's past puts her in a decision over her future.Meanwhile, Baltar tries to find out what Number Three has been up to with her recent repeat…
Main Characters in this Episode
Admiral William Adama: When are they gonna learn? They gotta process the thing first, for frak's sake.
Colonel Saul Tigh: Try telling that to a bunch of empty stomachs.
Admiral William Adama: I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?
Colonel Saul Tigh: No. Paper shortage.
Admiral William Adama: Not a good sign.
- Goof (continuity error): When Baltar and D'Anna/Number Three talk about Jupiter, the closed-captioning subtitles refer to Zeus instead.
- Goof (incorrectly regarded as a mistake): When Baltar and D'Anna/Number Three talk about Jupiter, the closed-captioning subtitles refer to Zeus - however, Jupiter is the Roman name for the Greek god Zeus.
- The character, Enzo, was named after co-executive producer Michael Angeli's English Setter.
- Gaeta was one of the few in the CIC not to applaud Tigh's return to duty. Gaeta probably harbors resentment over his treatment by Tigh and the Circle in "Collaborators."
- When Baltar and D'Anna/Number Three talk about Jupiter, the closed-captioning subtitles refer to Zeus instead.
- The story, written by series newcomer Jane Espenson, was inspired by a talk given by Kevin R. Grazier, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The producers brought Dr. Grazier in to address members of the production team. He explored the problems and solutions of navigating through space, and reaching a particular location in the universe, such as Earth. Dr. Grazier serves as science advisor for the series as well as for another Sci Fi Channel series, Eureka.
- According to Katee Sackhoff, Edward James Olmos suggested that the cast abstain from eating for a period of time in order to prepare for the scenes of starvation in this episode. Not every actor agreed with the idea.