2x13 Quo Vadis, Pet
First Aired: May. 16, 1986 on ITV
Summary: With Barry's big day approaching, Dennis finally gets the oppurtunity to outwit Ally and lead the gang on another overseas adventure ...
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (continuity error): Near the end of the final episode of the second series, as Ally gets off Bobby's boat, the rose attached to his jacket falls off. When he gets on Kenny's yacht, the rose has "re-attached" itself to Ally's jacket.
- This is the last episode of Central TV's version of Auf Wiedersehn Pet. Soon after the second series ended, Tyne Tees Television produced an AIDS awareness show in the form of a mini episode. Tim Healy and Jimmy Nail reprised their roles in "Educating Oz", a 25-minute show.
- A third season was originally planned soon after the second series completed, to be set in Moscow, seeing the lads rebuilding the British Embassy, but it was declared too expensive, and the other actors did not want to carry on without Gary Holton, so the third series did not go ahead until it was picked up by the BBC some 15 years later. The rebuilding of the British Embassy was later used as the premise of the fourth series.
- During the scene where everyone is waiting to board Kenny's yacht, watch little Debbie. She gives dad Neville quite a hefty left hook in the jaw.
- The novelization of the second series ("Auf Wiedersehen, Pet 2" by Fred Taylor) ended abruptly with Oz winning the Spanish lottery. It went into no details about Barry's wedding and the impending customs chase. This was because the novel was based on an earlier version of the script. This is also apparent as the book covers some of the scenes that Gary Holton would have filmed had he been alive.
- "Quo Vadis" is Latin for "where are you going?", which is appropriate given the storyline of this episode.