2x09 Three Ghosts
First Aired: Dec. 11, 2013 on The CW
Summary: While recovering from a near-fatal drug overdose, Oliver begins hallucinating people from his past. Believing he's a liability, Oliver gives the information he has on Cyrus Gold to Quentin... which results in the deaths of several police officers. Meanwhile, Brother Blood captures Roy and…
Arrow: Guess he's not as strong as you'd hoped. Where did you get the mirakuru? Who gave you the formula?
Brother Blood: It was a gift. A gift I would use to save this city from itself.
Brother Blood: No, brother Roy. You'll kill for me.
- Goof (factual errors): Warfarin has long been a main ingredient in rat poison, and is also used in a more pure form as a pharmaceutical for blood clots; however, it takes three to five days to take effect, and the dosage must be calculated very carefully to balance the actual thickness of how much blood versus the medicinal efficacy of the warfarin ingested. In addition, it has side effects, but hallucinations and excessive sweating are not among them.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When handing over information about Cyrus Gold, the Arrow calls Patrolman Lance "Detective" twice.
- Goof (continuity error): When Felicity goes to put the mask on Oliver, she is putting it on his bare face (there is no black makeup on his eyes). When we cut to another shot, and the camera pans around to Oliver with the mask on, he is suddenly wearing eye makeup.
- SPOILER: At the end, Barry Allen receives his powers, turning him into The Flash.
- SPOILER: When Oliver and Felicity argue about her revealing his secret identity to Barry Allen, Felicity asks if he is going to put an arrow in Barry, to which Oliver responds that he is "considering it." In the later The Flash episode "Flash vs. Arrow" (2014), Oliver does in fact put an arrow in Barry during training. This later becomes an on-going joke between the two, being referenced frequently.
- Near the end of the episode, Diggle asks Oliver about Cyrus Gold's whereabouts, to which Oliver responds "Died on Saturday, buried on Sunday." This alludes to the "Tale of Solomon Grundy," whose real name was Cyrus Gold before he died.
- SPOILER: The episode is modeled after A Christmas Carol with the protagonist being visited by a series of ghosts; however, while Shado is a good match for Ghost of Christmas Past and Slade appearing as the Ghost of Christmas Present hints at him being the main enemy for this season, Tommy appears as what should be the Ghost of Christmas Christmas Yet To Come. Unless Tommy returns from the dead in a future season, his inclusion is odd.
- During the news broadcast that Barry Allen watches, the reporter notes that her name is Linda Park. Linda would later be recast by Malese Jow and play a love interest for Barry in Season 1 of The Flash (2014).