2x09 Three Ghosts
First Aired: Dec. 11, 2013 on The CW
Summary: While recovering from a near-fatal drug overdose, Oliver begins hallucinating people from his past. Believing he's a liability, Oliver gives the information he has on Cyrus Gold to Quentin... which results in the deaths of several police officers. Meanwhile, Brother Blood captures Roy and…
Oliver Queen: That's not funny.
Barry Allen: Uh, yeah, I think hallucinations, maybe. And excessive sweating. Are you sweating excessively?
Felicity Smoak: You're hallucinating? What do you see?
Oliver Queen: A girl named Shado that that was with me on the island.
Felicity Smoak: Shado. Sara. How many women were you marooned with? Are you sure this wasn't Fantasy Island?
Barry Allen: You did train in a jungle or a forest environment, hence the green.
Felicity Smoak: This is the point in a lifesaving emergency where you thank the person that did the lifesaving.
Oliver Queen: You told him who I am.
Felicity Smoak: Yeah, I did.
Oliver Queen: That's not your secret to tell, Felicity. I decide who finds out my identity.
Felicity Smoak: Well, we didn't have have time to get your vote, what with you unconscious and dying.
Oliver Queen: What happens when he leaves here and goes right to the police?
Felicity Smoak: He wouldn't do that.
Barry Allen: I wouldn't do that.
Felicity Smoak: I trust him.
Oliver Queen: I don't!
Felicity Smoak: What are you gonna do, put an arrow in him?
Oliver Queen: I am considering it.
Felicity Smoak: [to Barry] Don't worry, he's kidding!
Felicity Smoak: How is this any different from when your mother shot you and you came to me for help?
Barry Allen: Your mother shot you?
Felicity Smoak: Or when you brought Dig down here when he was poisoned with curare?
Oliver Queen: The difference is that I did my homework on both of you! I just don't tell people easily.
Barry Allen: I'm not gonna tell anyone. And you don't have to thank me, but you should thank her instead of being kind of a jerk. Mr. Queen.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When handing over information about Cyrus Gold the Arrow calls Patrolman Lance Detective twice.
- Goof (continuity error): When Felicity goes to put the mask on Oliver, she is putting it on his bare face (there is no black makeup on his eyes). When we cut to another shot, and the camera pans around to Oliver with the mask on, he is suddenly wearing eye makeup.
- Goof (factual errors): Warfarin has long been a main ingredient in rat poison, and is also used in a more pure form as a pharmaceutical for blood clots. However, it takes three to five days to take effect, and the dosage must be calculated very carefully to balance the actual thickness of how much blood versus the medicinal efficacy of the warfarin ingested. In addition, it has side effects, but hallucinations and excessive sweating are not among them.
- Cyrus Gold is the civilian name of a popular DC villain, Solomon Grundy.
- SPOILER: The episode is modelled after A Christmas Carol with the protagonist being visited by a series of ghosts. However while Shado is a good match for ghost of Christmas past and Slade appearing as the ghost of christmas present hints at him being the main enemy for this season, Tommy appears as what should be the ghost of Christmas yet to come. Unless Tommy returns from the dead in a future season his inclusion is odd.
- SPOILER: At the end, Barry Allen receives his powers, turning him into The Flash.
- The episode where Oliver receives his compressible micro fabric mask, custom made by Barry Allen, after Barry points out that grease paint is a poor identity concealer. Oliver's criteria for a mask was one that conforms perfectly to his face and doesn't affect his ability to aim while on the run.
- Near the end of the episode, Diggle asks Oliver about Cyrus Gold's whereabouts to which Oliver responds "Died on Saturday, buried on Sunday." This alludes to the "Tale of Solomon Grundy," whose real name was Cyrus Gold before he died.