2x09 Three Ghosts
First Aired: Dec. 11, 2013 on The CW
Summary: While recovering from a near-fatal drug overdose, Oliver begins hallucinating people from his past. Believing he's a liability, Oliver gives the information he has on Cyrus Gold to Quentin... which results in the deaths of several police officers. Meanwhile, Brother Blood captures Roy and…
Brother Blood: No, brother Roy. You'll kill for me.
Oliver Queen: Christened on Tuesday. I know the poem. It symbolizes the seven stages of life - from birth to death.
John Diggle: What stage is this guy in?
- Goof (continuity error): When Felicity goes to put the mask on Oliver, she is putting it on his bare face (there is no black makeup on his eyes). When we cut to another shot, and the camera pans around to Oliver with the mask on, he is suddenly wearing eye makeup.
- Goof (factual errors): Warfarin has long been a main ingredient in rat poison, and is also used in a more pure form as a pharmaceutical for blood clots. However, it takes three to five days to take effect, and the dosage must be calculated very carefully to balance the actual thickness of how much blood versus the medicinal efficacy of the warfarin ingested. In addition, it has side effects, but hallucinations and excessive sweating are not among them.
- The episode where Oliver receives his compressible micro fabric mask, custom made by Barry Allen, after Barry points out that grease paint is a poor identity concealer. Oliver's criteria for a mask was one that conforms perfectly to his face and doesn't affect his ability to aim while on the run.
- At the end, Barry Allen receives his powers, turning him into The Flash.
- Cyrus Gold is the civilian name of a popular DC villain, Solomon Grundy.
- SPOILER: The episode is modelled after A Christmas Carol with the protagonist being visited by a series of ghosts. However while Shado is a good match for ghost of Christmas past and Slade appearing as the ghost of christmas present hints at him being the main enemy for this season, Tommy appears as what should be the ghost of Christmas yet to come. Unless Tommy returns from the dead in a future season his inclusion is odd.
- During the news broadcast that Barry Allen is watching, the reporter notes that her name is Linda Park. Linda would later be recast by Malese Jow and play a love interest for Barry in Season 1 of The Flash (2014).