This series set the pattern for the TV news magazine. Each episode consists of several stories, each presented by a different reporter. Stories have included investigative pieces, celebrity profiles, background pieces on current events, and general human interest stories. The series has also featured "Point-Counterpoint" debates and humorous commentaries by Andy Rooney.
Last Episode49x01 Aired: Sep. 25, 2016
No Summary Found
- Andrew Rooney - Commentator
- Morley Safer - Correspondent
- Mike Wallace - Correspondent
- Lesley Stahl - Correspondent
- Ed Bradley - Correspondent
Series Fun Facts
- Don Hewitt envisioned this program as a TV version of Life magazine.
- Voted #6 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In Andy Rooney's segment of 30 November 2008, the location of his seat in Giants Stadium was digitally blurred at the top of his season ticket - though the blurred…
[show]Goof (revealing mistake): In Andy Rooney's segment of 30 November 2008, the location of his seat in Giants Stadium was digitally blurred at the top of his season ticket - though the blurred region shifted enough to reveal most of the information - but all for naught as the same information was left unobstructed and even pointed to by Mr. Rooney at the bottom of the ticket, as well as the ticket's bar code and accompanying number.