4x01 Day 4: 7:00 A.M.-8:00 A.M.
First Aired: Jan. 09, 2005 on FOX
Summary: Eighteen months have elapsed since the conclusion of Day 3. A commuter train bound for Los Angeles explodes. A man steals a suitcase from a passenger in the wreckage and then kills him. Jack has been dismissed from CTU and now works for Secretary of Defense James Heller. Jack is involved…
Watch Episode On:- Amazon Prime (subscription)
- iTunes (purchase)
- Amazon (purchase)
- VUDU (purchase)
- YouTube (purchase)
Guest Stars[no credits found]
- Goof (continuity error): The sky is still pitch black at 7:00 a.m. However, at 7:00 a.m. the next day, episode #4.24, it is very light and the sun is clearly up. While sunrise times do vary slightly from day to day, they only vary by that much on the day clocks are changed for daylight savings time, and there is no indication given that this is that day.
- Goof (continuity error): Jack somehow gets from the hotel to CTU for his visit in two minutes of on-screen time, during 7 a.m. L.A. morning traffic.
- Goof (revealing mistake): Ronnie goes into the dry cleaner and sets down the two-direction camera. He's clearly behind the camera and should appear in its "rear view," but back at CTU the rear view monitor shows no sign of him.
- Goof (continuity error): During the final time display before the episode ends, the timer indicates there is less than six minutes before the hour will end at eight. However, seven minutes pass in actual time.
- Goof (continuity error): When Jim Heller and Audrey Raines are leaving the Hotel, a small limousine is waiting for them. A little later, on a wide shot of them on the street, its a stretched limo.
- Season 4 is the first season in which the premiere episode does not feature the line "Events Occur in Real Time" in its opening.
- This is the first season opener since the series premiere to be aired with commercial interruptions.
- Faran Tahir appeared previously in "Day 2: 6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M." as the Mosque Greeter. It's possible that he was the same character. If you look closely at his profile, you can see that he was a member of Second Wave, the terrorist organization from "Day 2".
- KRLH, the TV station the Araz family is watching, are actually call letters for a religious radio station in southern California.
- The Season 3 DVD set contains an exclusive six-minute prequel that sets up events for the beginning of the fourth season. The first scene occurs six months after the conclusion of Day 3 and shows Driscoll firing Jack from CTU because of his drug use. The second scene takes place three months before the events of Day 4 and shows a terrorist sneaking across the U.S./Mexican border, and then killing his accomplices. The third and final scene occurs six hours before Day 4 begins and shows Jack and Audrey in a love scene. The prequel is available on the Region One set, but not Region Two. See "Season 4 Prequel."