Oct. 18th, 1987
San Luis Obispo, California, USA
Zac Efron's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Neighbors
2010 - Charlie St. Cloud
2009 - 17 Again
2008 - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
2008 - Me and Orson Welles
2007 - Hairspray
2005 - The Derby Stallion
Guest TV Roles
Pizza Guy #1
Himself - Host
Born in San Luis Obispo, California, and raised nearby in Arroyo Grande, Zac Efron took his first step toward acting at the age of 11 when his parents took note of his singing ability. Singing lessons soon led to an appearance in the production of Gypsy that ran 90 performances and he was hooked. After appearing on-stage in Peter Pan, Auntie Mame, Little Shop of Horrors and The Music Man, guest parts quickly followed on television series, including Firefly (2002), ER (1994), and The Guardian (2001). After guest-starring in several episodes of Summerland (2004), he joined the regular cast as girl-crazy Cameron Bale. Efron also starred in several pilots such as The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke (2003) (TV) and Triple Play (2004) (TV). He also recently starred as an autistic child in the television movie Miracle Run (2004) (TV), alongside 'Mary-Louise Parker' and 'Aidan Quinn'.
Efron graduated Arroyo Grande High School in June 2006. Efron's favorite sports include golf, skiing, rock climbing, and snowboarding. He recently added surfing after spending days on the beach for Summerland. He plays the piano at home, and is currently teaching himself to play the guitar. He's also currently fixing up two cars in his spare time, a Delorean and '65 Mustang convertible, both treasured hand-me-downs from his even-more-treasured grandfather. Efron lives at home with his parents and his younger brother Dylan. They have a highly affectionate Australian Shepherd, Puppy, and a very independent Siamese cat named Simon.
- Originally auditioned for the role of Peter Pan in the 2003 live action movie of Peter Pan, but Jeremy Sumpter got it instead.
- Named #93 on Empire Magazine's 100 Sexiest Movie Stars. (2007).
- Was ranked #2 on TV Guide Top 10 Teen Star Countdown (2008).
- The Zac Efron-'Vanessa Hudgens' (qv) duet "Breaking Free" (from _High School Musical (2006) (TV)_ (qv)) made the fastest climb in the history of the Billboard Hot 100, leaping from 86 to 4 in one week (2006-02-11).
- Parents: David and Starla Siblings: Dylan Pets: Two Australian Shepherds, Dreamer and Puppy, and Siamese cat, Simon
- 'Simon Cowell' (qv) offered him a record deal but he turned it down saying, "...acting is my main priority".
- His acting idol is 'Johnny Depp' (qv).
- Recognized by Time Magazine in the 2009 Time 100 as one of the world's 100 most influential people.