Oct. 18th, 1987
San Luis Obispo, California, USA
Zac Efron's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in San Luis Obispo, California, and raised nearby in Arroyo Grande, Zac Efron took his first step toward acting at the age of 11 when his parents took note of his singing ability. Singing lessons soon led to an appearance in the production of Gypsy that ran 90 performances and he was hooked. After appearing on-stage in Peter Pan, Auntie Mame, Little Shop of Horrors and The Music Man, guest parts quickly followed on television series, including Firefly (2002), ER (1994), and The Guardian (2001). After guest-starring in several episodes of Summerland (2004), he joined the regular cast as girl-crazy Cameron Bale. Efron also starred in several pilots such as The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke (2003) (TV) and Triple Play (2004) (TV). He also recently starred as an autistic child in the television movie Miracle Run (2004) (TV), alongside 'Mary-Louise Parker' and 'Aidan Quinn'.
Efron graduated Arroyo Grande High School in June 2006. Efron's favorite sports include golf, skiing, rock climbing, and snowboarding. He recently added surfing after spending days on the beach for Summerland. He plays the piano at home, and is currently teaching himself to play the guitar. He's also currently fixing up two cars in his spare time, a Delorean and '65 Mustang convertible, both treasured hand-me-downs from his even-more-treasured grandfather. Efron lives at home with his parents and his younger brother Dylan. They have a highly affectionate Australian Shepherd, Puppy, and a very independent Siamese cat named Simon.
- His favorite movie is _The Goonies (1985)_ (qv).
- Was ranked #15 on Moviefone's 'The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'(2008).
- Had his appendix removed and is recuperating [January 15, 2008].
- Named #93 on Empire Magazine's 100 Sexiest Movie Stars. (2007).
- Recognized by Time Magazine in the 2009 Time 100 as one of the world's 100 most influential people.
- Has one sibling, younger brother, Dylan.
- On the Billboard Hot 100 chart of 2006-02-11, Zac had five simultaneous song credits. The songs were "Get'cha Head in the Game" (solo), 3 duets with 'Vanessa Hudgens' (qv) ("Breaking Free," "Start of Something New," and "What I've Been Looking For") and "We're All in this Together" credited to the _High School Musical (2006) (TV)_ (qv) cast. All tracks were from the soundtrack of "High School Musical".
- Attended the World Cup in Germany with 'Corbin Bleu' (qv).