Oct. 18th, 1987
San Luis Obispo, California, USA
Zac Efron's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - Dirty Grandpa
2014 - That Awkward Moment
2013 - Parkland
2012 - Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
2012 - The Paperboy
2012 - At Any Price
2012 - Liberal Arts
2011 - New Year's Eve
2010 - Charlie St. Cloud
2009 - 17 Again
2008 - Me and Orson Welles
2008 - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
2007 - Hairspray
2005 - The Derby Stallion
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Anakin Skywalker (Voiced)
Born in San Luis Obispo, California, and raised nearby in Arroyo Grande, Zac Efron took his first step toward acting at the age of 11 when his parents took note of his singing ability. Singing lessons soon led to an appearance in the production of Gypsy that ran 90 performances and he was hooked. After appearing on-stage in Peter Pan, Auntie Mame, Little Shop of Horrors and The Music Man, guest parts quickly followed on television series, including Firefly (2002), ER (1994), and The Guardian (2001). After guest-starring in several episodes of Summerland (2004), he joined the regular cast as girl-crazy Cameron Bale. Efron also starred in several pilots such as The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke (2003) (TV) and Triple Play (2004) (TV). He also recently starred as an autistic child in the television movie Miracle Run (2004) (TV), alongside 'Mary-Louise Parker' and 'Aidan Quinn'.
Efron graduated Arroyo Grande High School in June 2006. Efron's favorite sports include golf, skiing, rock climbing, and snowboarding. He recently added surfing after spending days on the beach for Summerland. He plays the piano at home, and is currently teaching himself to play the guitar. He's also currently fixing up two cars in his spare time, a Delorean and '65 Mustang convertible, both treasured hand-me-downs from his even-more-treasured grandfather. Efron lives at home with his parents and his younger brother Dylan. They have a highly affectionate Australian Shepherd, Puppy, and a very independent Siamese cat named Simon.
- Zac's most prized possession is his autographed baseball collection.
- Was ranked #2 on TV Guide Top 10 Teen Star Countdown (2008).
- Had his appendix removed and is recuperating [January 15, 2008].
- Has one sibling, younger brother, Dylan.
- His acting idol is 'Johnny Depp' (qv).
- The Zac Efron-'Vanessa Hudgens' (qv) duet "Breaking Free" (from _High School Musical (2006) (TV)_ (qv)) made the fastest climb in the history of the Billboard Hot 100, leaping from 86 to 4 in one week (2006-02-11).
- The first concert he ever went to was a Wallflowers concert.
- Met his current girlfriend, 'Vanessa Hudgens' (qv), during castings for _High School Musical (2006) (TV)_ (qv). They were paired together near the end of casting to see how well they worked together.