Jul. 30th, 1982
Maroubra, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Yvonne Strahovski's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - I, Frankenstein
2012 - The Guilt Trip
2011 - Killer Elite
2010 - Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers
2009 - The Canyon
Guest TV Roles[none found]
* Is of Polish descent and speaks the language fluently.
* Her stage name is a phonetic spelling of her real name.
* Broke into acting in Australia with the short-lived TV drama Headland followed by another TV drama, Sea Patrol.
* Auditioned for and won the part of CIA agent Sarah Walker on NBC's Chuck less than a week after arriving in Los Angeles from Australia.
* Does most of her own stunt work on the set of Chuck.
* University of Western Sydney, Theatre Nepean, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (BA in Performance, 2003)
Yvonne Strahovski (born Strzechowski; July 30, 1982) is an Australian actress. Born in Australia to Polish immigrant parents, Strahovski speaks Polish and English. After graduating from University of Western Sydney she acted in three Australian television shows. She then auditioned for and won the role as Sarah Walker in the American television series Chuck. Her film career includes both Australian and American movies.
Strahovski was born in Maroubra, a suburb of Sydney, as Yvonne Strzechowski to Peter and Bozena Strzechowski. Her parents had emigrated from Warsaw, Poland. She adopted the more phonetic spelling of Strahovski as her stage name at Chuck producer Josh Schwartz's behest for the sake of easier pronunciation. Strahovski's father is an electronics engineer, and her mother works as a lab technician. Strahovski started acting when she played Viola in a school production of Twelfth Night.
She spent her high school years attending Santa Sabina College, Strathfield. She graduated from University of Western Sydney's Theatre Nepean in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts in Performance and received straight A's in her subjects.
Strahovski first started her career in Australia appearing in film and TV roles, including a turn on satirical show Double the Fist and a part in the Australian drama series headLand. She has also appeared in Channel Nine's show Sea Patrol.
She sent in her audition tape for the show Chuck while in the United States auditioning for roles in other shows, namely NBC's 2007 series Bionic Woman. She sent in an audition tape while waiting to hear from the other two jobs. She was contacted by the producers of Chuck the next day to come in to "run lines" with Zachary Levi. The producers called her back a week later letting her know she had been cast as Sarah Walker. Six months later, she moved to the United States.
Strahovski speaks fluent Polish and employed it in a brief exchange with a colleague in the Chuck episode "Chuck Versus the Wookiee" and again during the character's return in "Chuck Versus the Three Words". She used it again in "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners". Although she portrays an American in the series, she briefly spoke in a "Hollywood" Australian accent in the episode "Chuck Versus The Ex".
Strahovski appears in Mass Effect Galaxy and Mass Effect 2 as the voice of Miranda Lawson. Strahovski had her face scanned and animated so she could portray Lawson in Mass Effect 2.
In 2009, Strahovski was rated #94 on Maxim's 2009 Hot 100 Women of the World. In 2010, Strahovski moved up 17 spots to #77.
In 2010, Strahovski received the Teen Choice Award for Choice Action TV Actress for Chuck.
Strahovski was ranked first in the list of the 100 sexiest women in television in 2010 compiled by BuddyTV.
Strahovski voices Aya Brea in the English version of the Parasite Eve spinoff, The 3rd Birthday, which was released on March 2011 for the PlayStation Portable.
Strahovski moved to Los Angeles in 2007, although she has returned to Australia to work. She has acknowledged that one of the more difficult aspects of relocating to the U.S. is living there without the support of family and friends. After her acting success, her parents moved to the USA to be near her.
Films Year Film Role Notes
2007 Gone Sondra as Yvonne Strzechowski
2007 Persons Of Interest Lara as Yvonne Strzechowski
2008 Plex, TheThe Plex Sarah
2008 Canyon, TheThe Canyon Lori Release date: October 23, 2009
2009 I Love You Too Alice Theatrical Release: May 6, 2010 (Australia)
DVD Release: October 6, 2010 (Australia)
2009 Shadows from the Sky Jill pre production
2010 Matching Jack Veronica Theatrical Release: August 19, 2010 (Australia)
Previously "Love and Mortar"
2010 LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers Peg Mooring Straight-To-DVD
2011 Killer Elite, TheThe Killer Elite Anne In production (as of May 9, 2010)
Television Year Title Role Episodes Notes
2004 !2004 Double the Fist Suzie 1 Episode name: "Fear Factory"
2005 !2005–2006 headLand Freya Lewis 26
2007 !2007 Sea Patrol Fed Agent Martina Royce 1 Episode name: "Cometh the Hour"
2007.5 !2007–present Chuck Special Agent Sarah Walker C.I.A 71
- Learned how to speak English in school.
- Ranked #24 in Wizard magazine's Sexiest Women of TV list (March 2008).
- Attended Santa Sabina College during high school.
- Is of Polish descent.
- Had a nose ring for five years and says that the hole is still visible from close-up.
- Graduated from University of Western Sydney's Theatre Nepean with a Bachelor of Arts in Performance.
- Sent in her audition tape for the show "Chuck" the United States while in the states doing an audition for two other shows(see special features of disk 3 of Chuck Season 1 "Chuck's World". She sent in an audition tape while waiting to hear from the other two jobs. She was contacted by the producers of Chuck the next day to come in to "run lines" with Zachery Levi A.K.A. Chuck Bartowski/Charles Carmichael. The chemistry was undeniable and the producers of Chuck called her back a week later letting her know she got the job. Six months later she moved to the United States and was cast as the leading lady on "Chuck" two days later.
- Was a straight-A student in school.