Jun. 14th, 1968
New York City, New York, USA
Yasmine Bleeth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Yasmine Amanda Bleeth (born June 14, 1968) is an American actress. Her television roles include Caroline Holden in the long-running series Baywatch.
Early life and career
Bleeth was born in New York City, the daughter of Carina, a model, and Philip Bleeth, a business proprietor. Her father Philip is Jewish of Russian and German extraction, her late mother Carina was of French and Algerian descent. Her earliest known acting role was in a Johnson & Johnson's No More Tears baby shampoo television commercial at age 10 months in 1969. At the age of six, she appeared on Candid Camera. Later that year she appeared in a Max Factor cosmetic advertising campaign with model Cristina Ferrare. Her work in this campaign caught the eye of fashion photographer Francesco Scavullo, who subsequently included her and her mother in his book entitled Scavullo Women.
Total Film magazine quoted Bleeth stating: "When I was a girl I used to have to force boys to kiss me. My toughest friend had to hold them down." She has also stated that she was popular with the boys, and that female classmates had beat her up as a result.
Bleeth starred in her first movie in 1980 at the age of 12. She was cast opposite Buddy Hackett in the feature film Hey Babe!. By the time she graduated from high school, she had already been working on the soap opera Ryan's Hope since the age of 16. In 1991, she created the role of Lee Anne Demerest on the soap opera One Life to Live.
When Bleeth was 20, her mother, Carina Bleeth, died from inflammatory breast cancer at the age of 47. Bleeth said that she never accepted the fact that her mother was dying until she took her last breath.
Bleeth's role on Baywatch brought her widespread attention. People named her one of magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 1995. She was one of FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World every year from 1996–2001, and FHM's U.S. 100 Sexiest Women every year from 2000–03. As a result of her role in Baywatch, Bleeth was offered other roles in television and film. She has been a featured actress in five series and has guest-starred in other shows. During her television career, she continued to work as a model, frequently appearing in swimwear or lingerie. She once had her own line of swimwear called Yaz Wear.
Bleeth accepted a starring role in the short-lived series Titans in 2000. Aaron Spelling was so eager to cast Bleeth in the role of a vixen on Titans that his company convinced CBS to grant her an early release from her Nash Bridges contract. In an interview with Dennis Hensley, she said she delighted in her over-the-top depiction of a crazed beauty queen in the 1997 TV movie Crowned and Dangerous. She said, "I keep my crown from that film on my desk in a little Lucite box. My little brother tried it on once, and I screamed at him, 'Take it off! Take it off!' I get a little nasty about my crown."
Bleeth met her future husband, strip club owner Paul Cerrito, at the Promises clinic during her first stay there. Bleeth would later comment, "They say you shouldn't get into any relationship in the first year of sobriety — especially with someone in the program, but Paul and I fell in love immediately." They were married in Santa Barbara, California on August 25, 2002 and now live in Scottsdale, Arizona.
In an issue of Glamour from April 2003, Bleeth wrote a three page article entitled "Back From my Drugs Hell" about her rocky path to recovery, her cocaine addiction, and her struggle to remain sober.
Bleeth wrote that her cocaine habit was so severe that she collapsed at a photo shoot for Glamour, and she went without sleep for five days at a time. She wrote that "consciously trying to stay off drugs is now part of my life and always will be."
Commenting on her cocaine addiction, Bleeth said, "It was almost like falling in love... It became my boyfriend, my best friend, my family."
- Auditioned for the role of "Grace Adler" in the sit-com _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv), but lost to 'Debra Messing' (qv).
- Dated 'Richard Grieco (I)' (qv).
- 'Aaron Spelling' (qv) offered her roles on the TV shows _"Pacific Palisades" (1997)_ (qv) and _"Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990)_ (qv) but she turned them down. However, she eventually accepted his offer to appear in _"Titans" (2000)_ (qv).
- Measurements: 36C-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Appeared on _"Candid Camera" (1960/II)_ (qv) in 1974 when she was only six years old.
- Sentenced to two years probation on a cocaine-possession charge. The sentencing also calls for the actress to undergo regular drug tests, serve 100 hours of community service and pay court costs. [January 9, 2002]
- As a child, attended United Nations International School in New York.
- Her father Philip is of Russian and German extraction, her late mother Carina was of French and Algerian descent. They were divorced. Her mother died of breast cancer on November 7, 1989 at the age of 47.