Jul. 23rd, 1961
Midland, Texas, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Woody Boyd (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Woody Harrelson grew up in Lebanon, Ohio. He received degrees in theatre arts and English from Hanover College, Indiana. His career began in New York theatre as an understudy in 'Neil Simon' Biloxi Blues. Within months, he was cast as Woody on the hit TV series, Cheers (1982). Due to conflicts with his TV schedule, Harrelson found it difficult to cross-over to films.
His first appearance was in Wildcats (1986) with 'Goldie Hawn'.
His next movie, Cool Blue (1990) (V), was releases directly to video.
He followed with two cameos, which went uncredited. Meanwhile, he continued to be active in theatre in L.A.: Zoo Story, 2 on 2 (his own basketball drama), Brooklyn Laundry with 'Glenn Close' and 'Laura Dern'.
In 1991, Doc Hollywood (1991) gave him his first widely-seen movie role.
The following year, White Men Can't Jump (1992), with 'Wesley Snipes' established him as a box-office draw.
He followed immediatly with two hits
Indecent Proposal (1993)
Natural Born Killers (1994)
Harrelson lives with his former assistant, Laura Louie, and their 3 daughters.
- The ex-son-in-law of playwright 'Neil Simon (I)' (qv), one of Woody's first plays was Simon's "Biloxi Blues" in 1984.
- Daughters: Deni Montana Harrelson (born March 5, 1994), Zoe Giordano Harrelson (born September 22, 1996) and Makani Ravello Harrelson (born June 3, 2006).
- Woody and his wife, Laura, became the parents of their third daughter, Makani Ravello, on Maui on June 3, 2006.
- Was set to star in the 'Danny Boyle' (qv)'s firefighter drama "Worcester Cold Storage" with 'Ed Harris (I)' (qv), but the project never came to fruition.
- (1990) Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Friend of 'Owen Wilson (I)' (qv).
- Close friend of 'Michael J. Fox (I)' (qv).
- Was arrested in Columbus (Ohio) in June 1983, charged of disorderly conduct - he was dancing in the street, halting traffic; he later jumped out of a moving police van laughing maniacally and finally punched one of the two arresting officers to the ground.