Feb. 20th, 1964
Highland Park, New Jersey, USA
Willie Garson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Willie Garson (born Willie Garson Paszamant; February 20, 1964) is an American character actor. He has appeared in over 50 movies, usually playing minor roles. He is best known for playing Stanford Blatch on the HBO series Sex and the City and for his current role of Mozzie, in the USA show White Collar.
Garson was born in Highland Park, New Jersey. He received a theater degree from Wesleyan University and also attended Yale Drama School. In 2009, Garson adopted an 8-year-old boy named Nathen. Garson attended Camp Wekeela in Hartford, Maine as a child for 11 years.
Garson had a recurring role as Henry Coffield on NYPD Blue and as Stanford Blatch on Sex and the City. His other TV appearances include Mr. Belvedere, My Two Dads, Quantum Leap, Monk, Boy Meets World, Ally McBeal, Party of Five, Star Trek: Voyager, Special Unit 2, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Friends, The X-Files (twice and as two different characters), Yes, Dear, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Pushing Daisies, Stargate SG-1, Wizards of Waverly Place, CSI: Miami, Mental, and Taken. He made a cameo in the end credits of Jackass Number Two, with the full context of the cameo being explained in Jackass 2.5. He co-starred in the 2007 HBO series John from Cincinnati.
Since 2009, he has portrayed Mozzie in the USA Network series White Collar.
Garson has also appeared in three movies from the Farrelly brothers – Kingpin, There's Something About Mary, and Fever Pitch. His other film credits include Groundhog Day, Just Like Heaven, The Rock, Being John Malkovich, Freaky Friday and Labor Pains.
- Has a theater degree from Weslayan University and also attended Yale Drama School.
- Has been close friends with 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv) for over 15 years
- He graduated from Highland Park High School in 1982.
- Played Lee Harvey Oswald in three different, completely unrelated productions: _Ruby (1992)_ (qv), _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv) and _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv).
- Won his round of Texas Hold 'Em on _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ (qv). He earned the name Evil Willie for his fierce card playing.