Nov. 27th, 1956
Long Island, New York, USA
William Fichtner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Homesman
2014 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2013 - Elysium
2013 - Phantom
2013 - Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's
2013 - Wrong
2012 - The Lone Ranger
2011 - The Big Bang
2010 - Date Night
2008 - The Dark Knight
2007 - Blades of Glory
2006 - Ultraviolet
2005 - The Longest Yard
2005 - The Chumscrubber
2005 - The Moguls
2005 - Mr. & Mrs. Smith
2005 - Nine Lives
2004 - Crash
2003 - Julie Walking Home
2002 - Equilibrium
2001 - What's the Worst That Could Happen?
2001 - Black Hawk Down
2001 - Pearl Harbor
2000 - Passion of Mind
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - The Perfect Storm
1999 - Go
1997 - Switchback
1997 - Contact
1995 - Heat
1995 - Virtuosity
1995 - Strange Days
1995 - Reckless
1994 - Quiz Show
1992 - Malcolm X
Guest TV Roles
Justice Christopher Mulready
William Edward Fichtner (born November 27, 1956) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Sheriff Tom Underlay on Invasion, as Alexander Mahone on Prison Break and as Ken Rosenberg in the video games Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Born at Mitchel Air Force Base in East Meadow, New York, and was raised in Cheektowaga, New York, the son of Patricia A. (née Steitz) and William E. Fichtner. He is of German descent. He graduated from Maryvale High School in 1974.
Fichtner's first roles were in soap operas such as As the World Turns (1956) and sitcoms like Grace Under Fire (1993). He has also been in films such as Armageddon (1998), Empire Falls (2005), uncredited in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) as 'The Marriage Counselor'. A fan of the Buffalo Sabres, Fichtner always stays true to his roots.
His film credits include Contact, Heat, Armageddon, Go, Equilibrium, Black Hawk Down, The Perfect Storm, The Longest Yard, Crash, and Ultraviolet. Mainly a character actor, one of Fichtner's few leading roles is in Passion of Mind, also starring 'Demi Moore' and 'Stellan Skarsgård'. For his role in Crash he won a Screen Actors Guild Outstanding Performance Award and a "Best Acting Ensemble" Award from Broadcast Film Critics Choice.
Fichtner also starred in the science fiction drama series Invasion as Sheriff Tom Underlay. After Invasion was cancelled, Fichtner was chosen to play Agent Alexander Mahone in the second, third and fourth seasons (2006–2009) of Prison Break. Later that year, he also presented an award at the National Hockey League award show. He also appears in The West Wing episode, "The Supremes" as Christopher Mulready, a brilliant conservative judge nominated to the Supreme Court. Fichtner also had a role as the Gotham National Bank manager in the feature film The Dark Knight, and as Jurgen in Equilibrium; both action movies feature 'Christian Bale'.
In June 2009, Fichtner signed on to guest star on Entourage playing TV producer Phil Yagoda, who is trying to remake his hit 1990s teen series.
His most recent film was 2011's Drive Angry.
- Has four sisters: Mary, Margaret, Pamela, and Patricia.
- One of 115 people invited to join to the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences .
- Graduated from SUNY Brockport in 1978 with a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice.
- Fichtner, Fiechtner, or any variant thereof is a surname originating from areas where German is spoken. Descendants of the Fichtner name are spread though Germany, Austria, Canada, the United States and even into modern-day Ukraine. Groups of Fichtners helped to colonize the early United States, with the emergence of Fichtners into Pennsylvania in the mid-1760s. Fichtners also settled in the Russian Empire as Catherine the Great opened up Russian lands to German settlement during the same period. The name is common within modern Germany, especially in southern Germany. Fichtners also remain today living in the modern-day Ukraine and many live within the United States today in the Midwest and Northwest.
- His sister is a major in the USAF.
- The ring he constantly wears belonged to his grandfather, Theodore.
- His favorite food is sushi.
- Attended American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York, New York.