Sep. 25th, 1968
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Will Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Focus
2014 - Winter's Tale
2013 - After Earth
2013 - Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
2009 - The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story
2008 - Seven Pounds
2008 - Hancock
2007 - I Am Legend
2006 - The Pursuit of Happyness
2005 - Hitch
2004 - I, Robot
2004 - Shark Tale
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2004 - Era uma vez...um pai
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2003 - Bad Boys II
2001 - Ali
2001 - Ali
2001 - Ali
2000 - The Legend of Bagger Vance
1999 - Wild Wild West
1998 - Enemy of the State
1996 - Independence Day
1995 - Bad Boys
1993 - Made in America
1993 - Six Degrees of Separation
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Exonerated Former Prisoner (segment "Exonerated")
Del Spooner in 'I
Will Smith (born September 25, 1968) was the second of four children of Caroline (school board employee) and Willard C Smith Sr. (owner of a refrigeration company). Smith is of both African American and Native American heritage. He grew up in middle class area in West Philadelphia called Wynnefield. Will attended the Overbrook High School located in the Overbrook section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He got the nickname 'Prince' because of the way he could charm his way out of trouble. Bright student Will also signed up with the high-status Julia Reynolds Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School in Philadelphia.
Pursuing music, he met Jeff Townes at a party and they soon began performing together as DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. When the duo took off in popularity, Smith made and spent a lot of money on a house, cars and jewelry; leading to his near bankruptcy in his early twenties.
Luckily, in 1989, he met Benny Medina, who had an idea for a sitcom based on his life in Beverly Hills. Smith loved the idea as did NBC which put on the The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990). The plot was simple -Will basically played himself; a street-smart West Philly kid transplanted to Beverly Hills. The series lasted 6 years. During that time, he ventured into movies where the critics took note of him in Six Degrees of Separation (1993). With the success that came with the action picture Bad Boys (1995), Will's movie career was set. He had a huge Blockbuster hit with Independence Day (1996) where he plays the alien-battling Marine Corps Captain Steven Hiller.
Smith married Sheree Zampino in (1992). They had one son, Willard Carroll "Trey" Smith III, (November 11, 1992), and divorced in (1995). Trey appeared in his father's music video for the 1998 single "Just the Two of Us".
Smith married actress 'Jada Koren Pinkett' in (1997). Together they have two children: 'Jaden Christopher Syre Smith' (born 1998), his co-star in The Pursuit of Happyness, and 'Willow Camille Reign Smith' (born 2000), who appeared as his daughter in I Am Legend. Smith and his brother Harry own Treyball Development Inc., a Beverly Hills-based company named after Trey. Smith and his family reside in Los Angeles, California.
- Ranked #30 on VH1's 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists along with DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.
- Ranked #15 in TV Guide's list of "TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols" (23 January 2005 issue).
- Turned down the role of Neo in _The Matrix (1999)_ (qv).
- (January 1993) As a public role model, hosted the Presidential Inaugural Celebration for Youth, as part of the Gala for President 'Bill Clinton (I)' (qv).
- Was among the guests at 'Tom Cruise' (qv)'s and 'Katie Holmes' (qv)'s wedding ceremony in Italy.
- (March 2007) Had to undergo treatment on his shoulder in a New York hospital after he suffered a strain.
- Holds the record for most Kids Choice Awards with a whopping six wins.
- Smith's pilot test show for _"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990)_ (qv) was directed by 'Debbie Allen' (qv).