Jul. 16th, 1967
Irvine, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Will Ferrell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Megamind
2010 - The Other Guys
2009 - The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
2009 - Land of the Lost
2008 - Step Brothers
2008 - Semi-Pro
2007 - Blades of Glory
2006 - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
2006 - Curious George
2005 - The Producers
2005 - Bewitched
2005 - Kicking & Screaming
2005 - Wedding Crashers
2005 - Winter Passing
2005 - The Wendell Baker Story
2004 - Starsky & Hutch
2004 - Melinda and Melinda
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
2003 - Old School
2003 - Elf
2002 - Boat Trip
2001 - Zoolander
2001 - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
2000 - The Ladies Man
2000 - Drowning Mona
1999 - Superstar
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1999 - Dick
1999 - The Suburbans
1998 - A Night at the Roxbury
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Guest TV Roles
The Black Knight (Voiced)
Roommate from Hell #1
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Will Ferrell became interested in performing while a student at University High School in Irvine, California, where he made his school's daily morning announcements over the public address system in disguised voices. He started as a member of the Los Angeles comedy/improvisation group The Groundlings, where fellow cast members Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph (I) and former "Saturday Night Live" (1975) repertory players such as Laraine Newman, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman (I) began their careers. It was there he met Chris Kattan (I) and the two became good friends and both went on to "Saturday Night Live" (1975) later. He has also appeared on several television programs, including "Strangers with Candy" (1999), "Grace Under Fire" (1993) and "Living Single" (1993) during his time at The Groundlings. Will also lent his voice to the armless and legless dad of cartoon family "The Oblongs".
In 1995 he became a feature cast member at "Saturday Night Live" (1975) during the show's rapid re-casting. He was declared quite possibly the worst cast member ever during his first season. However, his talents of impersonations and range of characters shot him forward to making him arguably the greatest "Saturday Night Live" (1975) cast member ever. During his seven year run he is one of the few cast members to ever be nominated for an Emmy for a performance and played George W. Bush during the 2000 elections. He's appeared in every "Saturday Night Live" (1975) movie since his premiere on the show in 1995. In 2002 he left "Saturday Night Live" (1975) and was the only cast member to ever receive a farewell from all the current cast members at the end of the season finale show. Since leaving the show Will has pursued a career in films. In 2000 he married and now lives in L.A.
- Son, Magnus Paulin Ferrell, born on March 7, 2004. He weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz.
- His first son was born during the filming 'Kicking and Screaming,' which is why it is his favorite of the films he appeared in. He said that he is eager for his son to see it, because he will always associate it with his birth.
- In January 2008 he spent two weeks traveling throughout Ireland with his dad, Lee, and brother Patrick.
- Is only seven years younger than 'Jane Lynch' (qv) who plays his mother in _Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)_ (qv).
- Is of Irish descent.
- Nominated for the 2009 Tony Award for Special Theatrical Event "You're Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush".
- December 2007 - According to Forbes, his movies averaged $8 of gross income for every dollar the actor got paid.
- Ranked #51 in Premiere's 2004 Power 100 List. It is his first appearance on the list.