Jul. 16th, 1967
Irvine, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Miles 'Chatterbox' Musket (Voiced)
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Will Ferrell became interested in performing while a student at University High School in Irvine, California, where he made his school's daily morning announcements over the public address system in disguised voices. He started as a member of the Los Angeles comedy/improvisation group The Groundlings, where fellow cast members Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph (I) and former "Saturday Night Live" (1975) repertory players such as Laraine Newman, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman (I) began their careers. It was there he met Chris Kattan (I) and the two became good friends and both went on to "Saturday Night Live" (1975) later. He has also appeared on several television programs, including "Strangers with Candy" (1999), "Grace Under Fire" (1993) and "Living Single" (1993) during his time at The Groundlings. Will also lent his voice to the armless and legless dad of cartoon family "The Oblongs".
In 1995 he became a feature cast member at "Saturday Night Live" (1975) during the show's rapid re-casting. He was declared quite possibly the worst cast member ever during his first season. However, his talents of impersonations and range of characters shot him forward to making him arguably the greatest "Saturday Night Live" (1975) cast member ever. During his seven year run he is one of the few cast members to ever be nominated for an Emmy for a performance and played George W. Bush during the 2000 elections. He's appeared in every "Saturday Night Live" (1975) movie since his premiere on the show in 1995. In 2002 he left "Saturday Night Live" (1975) and was the only cast member to ever receive a farewell from all the current cast members at the end of the season finale show. Since leaving the show Will has pursued a career in films. In 2000 he married and now lives in L.A.
- His style is unique among modern movie funnymen, a majority of whom have some sort of background in stand-up comedy. Ferrell's humor is character-driven and his genius lies in his improvised riffs from the minds of his typically cracked characters. His appearances on talk shows are often awkward, as he is uncomfortable appearing in public as himself.
- Has a brief cameo in _Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994)_ (qv) as a man chasing a lawnmower down a flight of stairs during a parody of _The Untouchables (1987)_ (qv).
- Has played the son of two _The Godfather (1972)_ (qv) cast members: 'James Caan (I)' (qv) in _Elf (2003)_ (qv), and 'Robert Duvall' (qv) in _Kicking & Screaming (2005)_ (qv).
- He and his wife 'Viveca Paulin' (qv) ran in the New York City Marathon in 2001, finishing together in 5 hours, 1 minute and 56 seconds.
- Son, Magnus Paulin Ferrell, born on March 7, 2004. He weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz.
- Brother of 'Patrick Ferrell (I)' (qv).
- In January 2008 he spent two weeks traveling throughout Ireland with his dad, Lee, and brother Patrick.
- Was not a class clown in high school but a scholar and an athlete.