Jul. 16th, 1967
Irvine, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Guest TV Roles[none found]
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Will Ferrell became interested in performing while a student at University High School in Irvine, California, where he made his school's daily morning announcements over the public address system in disguised voices. He started as a member of the Los Angeles comedy/improvisation group The Groundlings, where fellow cast members Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph (I) and former "Saturday Night Live" (1975) repertory players such as Laraine Newman, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman (I) began their careers. It was there he met Chris Kattan (I) and the two became good friends and both went on to "Saturday Night Live" (1975) later. He has also appeared on several television programs, including "Strangers with Candy" (1999), "Grace Under Fire" (1993) and "Living Single" (1993) during his time at The Groundlings. Will also lent his voice to the armless and legless dad of cartoon family "The Oblongs".
In 1995 he became a feature cast member at "Saturday Night Live" (1975) during the show's rapid re-casting. He was declared quite possibly the worst cast member ever during his first season. However, his talents of impersonations and range of characters shot him forward to making him arguably the greatest "Saturday Night Live" (1975) cast member ever. During his seven year run he is one of the few cast members to ever be nominated for an Emmy for a performance and played George W. Bush during the 2000 elections. He's appeared in every "Saturday Night Live" (1975) movie since his premiere on the show in 1995. In 2002 he left "Saturday Night Live" (1975) and was the only cast member to ever receive a farewell from all the current cast members at the end of the season finale show. Since leaving the show Will has pursued a career in films. In 2000 he married and now lives in L.A.
- December 2007 - According to Forbes, his movies averaged $8 of gross income for every dollar the actor got paid.
- (1986) Graduated from University High School in Irvine, California.
- Worked as a teller at Wells Fargo when he was in high school.
- Graduated from University of Southern California with a degree in Sports Information. Former member of The Groundlings.
- (21 April 2003) Competed at the Boston Marathon. His official time was 4 hours, 2 minutes and 29 seconds.
- Has a surgical scar on his upper right abdomen from a surgery he had as a baby to treat pyloric stenosis, a condition that causes frequent vomiting.
- Has a brief cameo in _Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994)_ (qv) as a man chasing a lawnmower down a flight of stairs during a parody of _The Untouchables (1987)_ (qv).
- Ranked #38 on Premiere's 2005 Power 50 List. Had ranked #51 in 2004.