Jul. 29th, 1972
Burbank, California, USA
Wil Wheaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Wil Wheaton first gained international attention by starring in the 'Rob Reiner' film Stand by Me (1986). Wheaton left the Hollywood scene for 18 months to pursue personal video production, including trying to live as a hobo on the USA's railroads. He then returned to Los Angeles, California, afterward and is working on many projects.
- He is a posting member of the internet community Slashdot (slashdot.org). He does interviews on a regular basis and participates in discussion. He also answers private messages.
- Plays guitar and golf.
- Recently designed/created a tee for the one-item-a-day-sale spin off of woot.com, shirt.woot.com . It is entitled "How We Roll".
- According to Wheaton's book "Just a Geek," several of his _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) cast mates, including 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv), nicknamed (and still call) him Teen Idol, while 'Brent Spiner' (qv) calls him Miltie.
- While growing up as a child, he was a big fan of the ThunderCats cartoon.
- Loves hockey, magic, and juggling.
- Wil's two children, Ryan Thomas Kopp and Nolan Eric Kopp, are actually his step-children.
- Family: parents, Rick and Debbie; younger siblings, 'Jeremy Wheaton' (qv), 'Amy Wheaton' (qv).