Jul. 29th, 1972
Burbank, California, USA
Wil Wheaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Star Trek
2007 - Americanizing Shelley
2002 - Star Trek: Nemesis
1997 - Flubber
1997 - Trekkies
1991 - Toy Soldiers
1988 - She's Having a Baby
1986 - Stand by Me
1984 - The Last Starfighter
1982 - The Secret of NIMH
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Peter Meechum (Voiced)
Prince Michael (Voiced)
Ted Kord (Voiced)
Wil Wheaton first gained international attention by starring in the Rob Reiner film Stand by Me (1986). Wheaton left the Hollywood scene for 18 months to pursue personal video production, including trying to live as a hobo on the USA's railroads. He then returned to Los Angeles, California, afterward and is working on many projects.
- Loves hockey, magic, and juggling.
- Played as part of the PokerStars.com team in the 2005 World Series of Poker.
- Wil's first big break in acting was opposite 'Bill Cosby' (qv) in a Jell-O Pudding Pops commercial.
- Was one of the first bloggers.
- While growing up as a child, he was a big fan of the ThunderCats cartoon.
- According to Wheaton's book "Just a Geek," several of his _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) cast mates, including 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv), nicknamed (and still call) him Teen Idol, while 'Brent Spiner' (qv) calls him Miltie.
- He is a posting member of the internet community Slashdot (slashdot.org). He does interviews on a regular basis and participates in discussion. He also answers private messages.
- Maintains an active blog on Myspace.com.