Jul. 29th, 1972
Burbank, California, USA
Wil Wheaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Star Trek
2007 - Americanizing Shelley
2002 - Star Trek: Nemesis
1997 - Flubber
1997 - Trekkies
1991 - Toy Soldiers
1988 - She's Having a Baby
1986 - Stand by Me
1984 - The Last Starfighter
1982 - The Secret of NIMH
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Peter Meechum (Voiced)
Prince Michael (Voiced)
Ted Kord (Voiced)
Wil Wheaton first gained international attention by starring in the Rob Reiner film Stand by Me (1986). Wheaton left the Hollywood scene for 18 months to pursue personal video production, including trying to live as a hobo on the USA's railroads. He then returned to Los Angeles, California, afterward and is working on many projects.
- In 1988, Wil Power was the name of his Nickelodeon-based club for all Trek and non-Trek fans.
- He is an active member of the Propeller social news site, where he is a Scout.
- He and wife, Anne, have two sons, Nolan and Ryan, from her previous marriage. They live in Los Angeles.
- Was one of the first bloggers.
- Family: parents, Rick and Debbie; younger siblings, 'Jeremy Wheaton' (qv), 'Amy Wheaton' (qv).
- Maintains an active blog on Myspace.com.
- Regained a decent measure of fame after launching his own Web site, WilWheaton.net, which led to a number of voice acting roles and a new career as a blogger and an author--he has written three memoirs; "Dancing Barefoot" (Monolith Press - 2003), "Just a Geek" (O'Reilly Media - 2004) and "The Happiest Days of Our Lives" (Monolith Press - 2007). All three books are based on his blog.
- Played as part of the PokerStars.com team in the 2005 World Series of Poker.