Jul. 29th, 1972
Burbank, California, USA
Wil Wheaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Wil Wheaton first gained international attention by starring in the 'Rob Reiner' film Stand by Me (1986). Wheaton left the Hollywood scene for 18 months to pursue personal video production, including trying to live as a hobo on the USA's railroads. He then returned to Los Angeles, California, afterward and is working on many projects.
- Loves hockey, magic, and juggling.
- Maintains an active blog on Myspace.com.
- Wil's two children, Ryan Thomas Kopp and Nolan Eric Kopp, are actually his step-children.
- Wil is a lifelong fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, and he is also an avid player of video games, which lead to his voice-over role in _Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) (VG)_ (qv).
- He is an active member of the Propeller social news site, where he is a Scout.
- He is a posting member of the internet community Slashdot (slashdot.org). He does interviews on a regular basis and participates in discussion. He also answers private messages.
- According to Wheaton's book "Just a Geek," several of his _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) cast mates, including 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv), nicknamed (and still call) him Teen Idol, while 'Brent Spiner' (qv) calls him Miltie.
- Was number 62 on VH1's _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv).