Jul. 29th, 1972
Burbank, California, USA
Wil Wheaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Wil Wheaton first gained international attention by starring in the 'Rob Reiner' film Stand by Me (1986). Wheaton left the Hollywood scene for 18 months to pursue personal video production, including trying to live as a hobo on the USA's railroads. He then returned to Los Angeles, California, afterward and is working on many projects.
- He is a posting member of the internet community Slashdot (slashdot.org). He does interviews on a regular basis and participates in discussion. He also answers private messages.
- Plays guitar and golf.
- In 1988, Wil Power was the name of his Nickelodeon-based club for all Trek and non-Trek fans.
- Family: parents, Rick and Debbie; younger siblings, 'Jeremy Wheaton' (qv), 'Amy Wheaton' (qv).
- While growing up as a child, he was a big fan of the ThunderCats cartoon.
- Loves hockey, magic, and juggling.
- Played as part of the PokerStars.com team in the 2005 World Series of Poker.
- Wil's two children, Ryan Thomas Kopp and Nolan Eric Kopp, are actually his step-children.