Jun. 2nd, 1972
Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, UK
Wentworth Miller's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Loft
2012 - Resident Evil: Retribution
2010 - Resident Evil: Afterlife
2005 - Stealth
2003 - Underworld
2003 - The Human Stain
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Paul Adams
Slade Wilson (Voiced)
Popular Kid #2 (Voiced)
Detective Nate Kendall
Born in England, raised in Brooklyn, New York, and a graduate of Princeton University, Wentworth Miller is a compelling and critically acclaimed young actor whose credits span both television and feature film.
Miller began his career in the industry on the other side of the camera. After graduating from college with a degree in English Literature, Miller headed to Los Angeles in the spring of 1995 to work in the development department of a small production company specializing in movies made for television. However, it wasn't long before his desire to realize the acting ambitions of his childhood became undeniable.
Within the next few years, he landed guest spots on a variety of shows including Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), ER (1994) and Popular (1999). He also starred in the Hallmark "mega-series" Dinotopia (2002).
Miller then segued to The Human Stain (2003), a feature film directed by 'Robert Benton' and starring 'Anthony Hopkins' and 'Nicole Kidman'. A movie examining questions of race, class and identity, it featured Hopkins as an embattled college professor struggling to conceal an incredible secret, with Miller playing the same character as a young man.
Miller subsequently appeared in the movie Underworld (2003) and guest-starred on Joan of Arcadia (2003) and Ghost Whisperer (2005) before joining the cast of Prison Break (2005), a groundbreaking television series that's quickly become an international phenomenon. Playing a structural engineer who gets himself thrown into the same prison where his brother is on death row in order to break his brother out, Miller was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama in 2006.
- Around the time of Dinotopia, Wentworth's parents were in the process of divorce.
- Graduated from Princeton with a degree in English.
- His tattoos for the show _"Prison Break" (2005)_ (qv) are a 4 hour make-up process.
- According to the special features on the _"Prison Break" (2005)_ (qv) DVD, he auditioned for Superman/Clark Kent when the project was still in 'Brett Ratner' (qv)'s hands.
- He has 2 younger sisters, Gillian and Leigh, who is the youngest. Gillian is a Lawyer and Leigh is in Law School.
- He is allergic to cats and dogs as well as certain foods.
- Was one of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People in the world (2007).
- Miller's father is African-American, Somalian, Jamaican, British, German and part Cherokee; his mother is Russian, French, Syrian, and Lebanese.