Dec. 13th, 1950
Buffalo, New York, USA
Wendie Malick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Wendie Malik (born December 13, 1950) is a actress.
Born in Buffalo, New York and attended Ohio Wesleyan University, from which she graduated in 1972. The 5' 10" beauty was a Wilhelmina model in the 1970s, giving it up to go to work for Buffalo-area Congressman Jack Kemp. She quickly left Washington, D.C. behind to act in the theater,
She appeared as Judith Tupper Stone in the early '90s on the HBO comedy Dream On (1990) for which she won four CableACE Awards as Best Actress in a Comedy Series. Malik has proved a gifted comedienne with great comic timing, and reached the height of her career as one of the stars of the sitcom Just Shoot Me! (1997). Malik was hilarious as the beautiful fashion editor Nina Van Horn, a neurotic and pretentious ex-model struggling with middle age. For her work on the series, Malik won a Golden Globe and two Emmy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
On television, she has also had regular roles in the series "Trauma Center" (1983) and "Good Company" (1996) and recurring roles on "NYPD Blue" (1993), "Anything But Love" (1989), "Baywatch" (1989) and "Kate & Allie" (1984). She also starred in several made for TV movies, including Paper Dolls (1982) (TV), Dynasty: The Reunion (1991) (TV) and Perfect Body (1997) (TV). She also starred in North Shore Fish (1997) (TV) on cable TV, based on a role in which she originated on-stage. Malick's work has included roles in the movies The American President (1995), Scrooged (1988), and _Bugsy_. With her distinct voice, she is in high demand for voice-over work.
- Is a graduate from Williamsville South High School.
- Auditioned for the role of Diane on _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv)
- Member of Pi Beta Phi sorority
- She and her husband help build homes for poor families in Mexico.
- She helps run Adopt-A-Family to help the homeless.
- Ethnic origins are: English-French-German-Egyptian
- The black and white photo featured in her office on _"Just Shoot Me!" (1997)_ (qv) was taken from her modeling days in Buffalo, NY.