Apr. 3rd, 1942
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Wayne Newton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Smokin' Aces
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
1997 - Vegas Vacation
1993 - Best of the Best 2
1990 - The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
1989 - Licence to Kill
Guest TV Roles
Himself - The Singing Waiter
[no bio found]
- He had #1 hit song on the American pop charts called "Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast".
- Has been diagnosed with a viral infection to the heart, known as cardiomyopathy. Doctors told him that he should be recovered in two months' time [November 15, 2007].
- Declared bankruptcy in 1992, yet was once listed in the Guiness Book as the world's highest paid entertainer.
- Presented a prestigious award at the July 2006 National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Continental Congress in Washington DC for his work with the USO.
- Met 'Elvis Presley' (qv) while the two were working at Paramount. They became close friends.
- His signature song is "Danke Schoen" (German for "Thank You").
- His role as "Professor Joe Butcher" in _Licence to Kill (1989)_ (qv) was the fulfillment of an old ambition: to participate in a "James Bond - 007" movie.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6909 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.