Apr. 3rd, 1942
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Wayne Newton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Smokin' Aces
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
1997 - Vegas Vacation
1993 - Best of the Best 2
1990 - The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
1989 - Licence to Kill
Guest TV Roles
Himself - The Singing Waiter
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6909 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- The street leading to the front of Las Vegas' McCarran Airport has been called "Wyane Newton Boulevard" for over 20 years.
- His signature song is "Danke Schoen" (German for "Thank You").
- His role as "Professor Joe Butcher" in _Licence to Kill (1989)_ (qv) was the fulfillment of an old ambition: to participate in a "James Bond - 007" movie.
- He had #1 hit song on the American pop charts called "Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast".
- Declared bankruptcy in 1992, yet was once listed in the Guiness Book as the world's highest paid entertainer.
- Because he had a high pitched voice, many joked (wrongly) that he was effeminate or even gay. Newton once threatened 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) over jokes Carson told attacking his manhood. Carson stopped telling the jokes.
- Newton and attorney wife Kathleen announced in April 2002 they are expecting a girl in May, and that they are using a surrogate mother to have this, their first child.