Apr. 3rd, 1942
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Wayne Newton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Smokin' Aces
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
1997 - Vegas Vacation
1993 - Best of the Best 2
1990 - The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
1989 - Licence to Kill
Guest TV Roles
Himself - The Singing Waiter
[no bio found]
- Declared bankruptcy in 1992, yet was once listed in the Guiness Book as the world's highest paid entertainer.
- His signature song is "Danke Schoen" (German for "Thank You").
- Because he had a high pitched voice, many joked (wrongly) that he was effeminate or even gay. Newton once threatened 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) over jokes Carson told attacking his manhood. Carson stopped telling the jokes.
- The street leading to the front of Las Vegas' McCarran Airport has been called "Wyane Newton Boulevard" for over 20 years.
- His first daughter's name is Erin, with his first wife Elaine and a daughter Lauren Ashley with second wife Kathleen. His wife, Kathleen, is an attorney. They met following one of his performances.
- One of only four people to ever be made an honorary Green Beret.
- He had #1 hit song on the American pop charts called "Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast".
- His mother was of German/Cherokee Indian and father of Irish/Powahatan Indian background.