Jun. 2nd, 1972
Orlando, Florida, USA
Wayne Brady's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Crossover
2005 - Roll Bounce
2004 - Clifford's Really Big Movie
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest Judge
Himself - Host
At 16, Orlando, Florida, native Wayne Brady had already decided on a career in the military. Little did he know that a chance performance in a high school play would garner him not only rave reviews but also permanently alter his long-range plans. Soon he was heavily involved in the central Florida theater community, performing in numerous stage productions including A Chorus Line, Fences, A Raisin in the Sun, Jesus Christ Superstar and I'm Not Rappaport.
Brady moved to Las Vegas and then to Los Angeles in 1996, where he began working in theater and television. He performed at the prestigious Mark Taper Forum in its production of Blade To The Heat. He also garnered guest starring roles in such television series as NBC's I'll Fly Away and Home Court and In the Heat Of The Night for CBS. Currently, Brady is busy hosting the VH-1 series Vinyl Justice, which premieres in August.
Brady has also been honored with several nominations for his work in theater, including Best Actor in a Musical for Cotton Patch Gospel at the distinguished Edyth Bush Theatre. He was named Sak Theatre's 1992 Rookie of the Year for TheatreSports/Improv.
- Wife, Mandie, filed for divorce on July 2, 2007. She and Wayne had been separated since April 5, 2006.
- Underwent surgery in Nov 2002 to fix his right knee which he hurt when he was 18
- Sung in the Dr. Phillips High School chorus.
- An early job was dressing up as Tigger at Walt Disney World.
- His wife, Mandie, gave birth to their first child, Maile Masako Brady, on February 3rd, 2003.
- Graduated from Dr. Phillips High School in 1989.
- When acting in school, a stage piece dropped on his right foot - his big-toe nail never grew in straight.
- Spoofed his own harmless, sugary persona while appearing as a guest on _"Chappelle's Show" (2003)_ (qv), portraying himself as a drug-dealing, pimping, murderous psychopath who terrorizes 'Dave Chappelle' (qv) and others.