Jul. 30th, 1964
South Bend, Indiana, USA
Vivica A. Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Slammin' Salmon
2008 - Major Movie Star
2007 - Kickin It Old Skool
2007 - Three Can Play That Game
2004 - Ella Enchanted
2004 - Blast
2004 - Kill Bill Vol. 2
2003 - Kill Bill Vol. 1
2002 - Boat Trip
2002 - Juwanna Mann
2001 - Two Can Play That Game
2001 - Double Take
1999 - Idle Hands
1999 - Teaching Mrs. Tingle
1998 - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
1997 - Soul Food
1997 - Booty Call
1997 - Batman & Robin
1996 - Set It Off
1996 - Independence Day
1996 - Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
1989 - Born on the Fourth of July
Guest TV Roles
Cassidy Williams (Voiced)
Celebrity Patient at Clinic
Herself - Guest Judge
Vivica A. Fox was born in South Bend, Indiana July 30, 1964, and is the daughter of Everlyena, a pharmaceutical technician, and William Fox, a private school administrator. She is of Native American and African American descent and is proud of her heritage. She is a graduate of Arlington High School in Indianapolis, Indiana, and after graduating moved to California to attend college. Vivica went to Golden West College and graduated with an Associate Art degree in Social Sciences. While in California she started acting professionally, first on soap operas such as Generations, Days of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless. In another early role she played as Patti LaBelle's fashion designer daughter, Charisse Chamberlain, on the NBC TV series Out All Night. Her first big break was in the film "Independence Day" along with Will Smith and also Set It Off. She has earned critical acclaim for her portrayal of Maxine in the 1997 motion picture Soul Food, which netted her MTV Movie Award and NAACP Image Award nominations. In 2000, she was casted in the medical drama City of Angels as Dr. Lillian Price. She has had roles in many other movies ever since such as: Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Two Can Play That Game, and Kill Bill. In 2004, Fox was in an episode of Punk'd where her pregnant friend pretended to go into labor, but they became angry when a paramedic appeared to care more about taking pictures than delivering the baby. Vivica also took another television role from 2004 to 2006 as she starred in the drama series, Missing on the Lifetime Television Network. In 2007, she was a contender in Dancing with the Stars and stayed until she was voted off in the fourth week. In 1998, Vivica A. Fox married singer Christopher Harvest (aka Sixx-Nine) whom she later divorced in June 2002. She also dated rapper 50 cent, however this was a brief relationship.
- Good friends with 'Tisha Campbell-Martin' (qv).
- Graduated from Golden West College with an Associate Art degree in Social Sciences.
- Raised for most of her life in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Her father resides in the area and works at Benton Harbor High School which has among its famous alums Sinbad and Ernie Hudson.
- Ranked #96 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties
- Accompanied rapper '50 Cent' (qv) to the MTV Video Music Awards 2003
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- A self-described "size 6". (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Voted one of "The 10 Sexiest Women of 2001" by the readers of Black Men Magazine.