Jan. 5th, 1965
Watford, Hertfordshire, England, UK
Vinnie Jones' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Heavy
2009 - Year One
2009 - The Bleeding
2009 - Legend of the Bog
2008 - The Midnight Meat Train
2008 - Hell Ride
2008 - Loaded
2007 - The Riddle
2007 - The Condemned
2007 - Tooth & Nail
2007 - Strength and Honour
2007 - 7-10 Split
2006 - She's the Man
2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
2006 - Played
2006 - Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties
2005 - Slipstream
2004 - Blast
2004 - Tooth
2004 - The Big Bounce
2004 - Survive Style 5+
2004 - EuroTrip
2001 - Mean Machine
2001 - Swordfish
2000 - Gone in Sixty Seconds
2000 - Snatch.
2000 - Road Trip
1998 - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Actor
Himself - Competitor
Vinnie Jones was born in Watford, England, on January 5, 1965. He first came to public notice as a professional footballer, playing in the English Football League. Noted as one of soccer's hard men, he leapt to fame when a photographer at a match snapped him "marking" Newcastle United's Paul Gascoigne by grabbing his testicles. He has played for Wimbledon, Leeds United, Sheffield United, Chelsea, and Queens Park Rangers. Internationally, he played for Wales, qualifying for that nationality through his grandparents. He made his first acting appearance in the British comedy/thriller Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) at the age of 33, although he had previous presented a video on football's hard men (for which he was censured by the Football Association.)
He starred in the blockbuster, X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) as Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut. Prior to that, he played the scowling soccer coach illustrating both his likability and comedic side in Dreamworks' She's the Man (2006) with Amanda Bynes.
Other projects include a lead role in Johnny Was (2006) starring Roger Daltrey, Eriq La Salle (I), and Lennox Lewis, and he also appears in the independent feature, The Riddle (2007), starring Vanessa Redgrave and Derek Jacobi.
Over the years, he has received a number of prestigious awards, which showcase his accomplishments as a talented actor. In 1997, he won Satellite TV's Personality of the Year from Satellite TV Europe Magazine. In 1998, GQ Magazine named Jones Man of the Year. He was awarded Best Actor for Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels at the Odeon Audience Awards and also won the award for Outstanding New Talent from the Sir James Carreras Award Variety Club of GB. Jones won Best Debut in 1999 for Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) at Empire Magazine's "The Awards 1999" and was titled the Male Cigar Personality of the Year at the The Millennium Cigar Awards. In 2001, he was named Best British Actor for Empire Magazine's "The Awards 2001." In 2002 Jones received the award for Best Supporting Actor for Night at the Golden Eagle at the New York Film Festival, and in 2005 he was honored with Best Newcomer for Slipstream (2005) at London's Sci-Fi Film Festival.
- Son Aaron born in 1991; Daughter Kayley born in 1987.
- Is banned from flying on Virgin Atlantic after causing a fight on a flight to Tokyo.
- 'Guy Ritchie' (qv) offered him a role in _Revolver (2005/I)_ (qv), but he turned it down for unknown reasons.
- Friends with actor Jason Statham.
- Was originally set to play Skinner McGraw in _Hero Wanted (2008)_ (qv) but couldn't due to filming commitments on 'Clive Barker (I)' (qv)'s _The Midnight Meat Train (2008)_ (qv).
- Vinnie formed a football team called the Hollywood All Stars Football Club (HASFC) in spite of the existing Hollywood United Football Club. HASFC beat United in their inaugural season and won the championship.
- (1998) Was briefly player/coach of Queens Park Rangers football club.
- Was a student at Chancellors School, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire.