Apr. 12th, 1957
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Vince Gill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - 8 Seconds
1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles
Assistant Pastor Larry (Voiced)
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Country Musician
- He began writing "Go Rest High on that Mountain" for 'Keith Whitley' (qv) who died of alcoholism, but completed it after his brother died as a tribute to both men. He wrote "It won't be the same this year", a Christmas song, about his brother, and "The Key" about his father.
- Sister: Gina
- (12 March 2001) Daughter Corrina Grant Gill born weighing 7lbs. 9oz.
- Stepfather of 'Matt Chapman (III)' (qv), 'Millie Chapman' (qv) and 'Sarah Chapman (III)' (qv).
- Inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1997.
- His ex-wife, 'Janis Oliver Gill' (qv), with her sister, 'Kristine Oliver Arnold' (qv), are the "Sweethearts of the Rodeo".
- Began his music career playing bluegrass music.
- Before becoming a successful country singer, from 1979 to 1983 was lead singer for the country-rock band Pure Prairie League, which had a top 10 pop hit in the summer of 1980 with "Let Me Love You Tonight."