Apr. 12th, 1957
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Vince Gill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - 8 Seconds
1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles
Assistant Pastor Larry (Voiced)
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Country Musician
- Sister: Gina
- Avid golfer. In high school, had to decide if he wanted to pursue a career as a golfer or a musician. Hosts "The Vinny" Pro-Am Celebrity Golf tournament in Nashville, Tennessee to benefit Junior Golf of Tennessee. At one point had a handicap of 1.
- He began writing "Go Rest High on that Mountain" for 'Keith Whitley' (qv) who died of alcoholism, but completed it after his brother died as a tribute to both men. He wrote "It won't be the same this year", a Christmas song, about his brother, and "The Key" about his father.
- Middle name is the same as his wife's maiden name.
- Has a band, with 'Rodney Crowell' (qv), called the 'Notorious Cherry Bombs'.
- Daughter, Jennifer (Jenny) Jerene Gill born May 5, 1982.
- Began his music career playing bluegrass music.
- Stepfather of 'Matt Chapman (III)' (qv), 'Millie Chapman' (qv) and 'Sarah Chapman (III)' (qv).