Apr. 12th, 1957
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Vince Gill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me
1994 - Maverick
1994 - 8 Seconds
Guest TV Roles
Assistant Pastor Larry (Voiced)
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Country Musician
- Brother: Bob (deceased 1993)
- Middle name is the same as his wife's maiden name.
- Has a band, with 'Rodney Crowell' (qv), called the 'Notorious Cherry Bombs'.
- Parents: Jerene Gill, Homemaker and J. Stanley "Stan" Gill (deceased 1997), a federal administrative law judge
- His hometown is Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1997.
- He began writing "Go Rest High on that Mountain" for 'Keith Whitley' (qv) who died of alcoholism, but completed it after his brother died as a tribute to both men. He wrote "It won't be the same this year", a Christmas song, about his brother, and "The Key" about his father.
- His ex-wife, 'Janis Oliver Gill' (qv), with her sister, 'Kristine Oliver Arnold' (qv), are the "Sweethearts of the Rodeo".