Dec. 30th, 1959
Slough, Berkshire, England, UK
5' 5 1/2"
Tracey Ullman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Tale of Despereaux
2007 - I Could Never Be Your Woman
2006 - The Queen
2005 - Corpse Bride
2004 - A Dirty Shame
2000 - Small Time Crooks
2000 - Panic
1994 - Prêt-à-porter
1994 - Bullets Over Broadway
1993 - Robin Hood: Men in Tights
1993 - Happily Ever After
1990 - I Love You to Death
1986 - Jumpin' Jack Flash
1985 - Plenty
1984 - Give My Regards to Broad Street
Guest TV Roles
Telephone Voice (Voiced)
Emily Winthrop (Voiced)
- She was awarded the 1981 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre Award) for Most Promising New Actress of 1980 for her performance in Four in a Million.
- After appearing in his film _Give My Regards to Broad Street (1984)_ (qv), 'Paul McCartney' (qv) returned the favor by appearing at the very end of her video for the hit song "They Don't Know". He played a character named Paul.
- Has homes in England and Los Angeles.
- Has been able to perform in black-face on her show, _"Tracey Takes On..." (1996)_ (qv), without any controversy.
- On the radio program "Fresh Air with Terry Gross," she said that when she was six years old, her father died of a heart attack while reading a book to her.
- Became an American citizen in 2006. Ullman told interviewer Terry Gross that the hardest part of becoming a citizen was that after the induction, they were all forced to listen to the Lee Greenwood song "Proud to be an American".
- Hit the Billboard top 100 twice in 1984 with 'They Don't Know' (US #8) and 'Breakaway' (US #70). Both singles also peaked at #2 and #4 respectively in the UK in 1983. Also had 3 further UK top hits with 'Move Over Darling' (UK #8) in 1983 and 'My Guy' (UK #23) and 'Sunglasses' (UK #18) in 1984. She also claims her original record company, Stiff Records, "stiffed" her by not paying her proper royalties.
- Ended her American TV shows by telling the audience to "Go Home."